Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's with this place?

What's with this place?

Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:34 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's with this place?

Originally Posted by Calgal
Well, thank you!

But it's ok - I'm used to being ignored - I'm a mum...lol

I'm off out too - trying to buy birthday pressies (oops - that's a bit off topic, sorry ) See you later.
Right back now.
Ok you did make very good points Calgal.
It wouldn't be so bad if the hijacked threads were funny, but the same old repeated inuendos are so fricking boreing. It's like being in the 60s.
The point about ignoreing it is just not valid. How can you ignore it if it's there on most threads and some serious ones turn into a Sid and Barbera sketch?
I'm not going to get anywhere with this, so I don't know why I'm bothering just thought someone needed to say something.
I'll get back to my map reading and bursting kids balls that have rolled onto my precisionly cut grass
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Where is dbd when we need him?
I was at the barn, literally shovelling shit, so this is my first chance today to do it figuratively.

I don't find the beaver jokes to be very funny so, if I see a thread is about that I stop reading it, I don't post on it, I go on to something else. Other people liking those jokes causes me no problem at all. Pretty simple, innit?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:30 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Joined BE.com in Feb 04

Had some funny times, posted a lot of shitty jokes, blame Willmore cause she made me my very own, Eddies Jokes corner, went down like a burning spitfire !!!!

Anyway some posts I like and join in like the beaver posts, which was funny

Some posts I just look and and digest the info in them

Other posts get a fleeting glance by

But on the whole I find BE.com a great source of invaluable information, without which I would not have found answers to many of my mind boggling questions.

Yes I do agree that we should kick into touch the poster who decides to hijack a serious thread with some useless drivel, as some valuable info could be lost because it goes of at 4 million different tangents than the original post

Bleech take a chill pill and get back to your usual self

Eddie
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Joined BE.com in Feb 04

Had some funny times, posted a lot of shitty jokes, blame Willmore cause she made me my very own, Eddies Jokes corner, went down like a burning spitfire !!!!

Anyway some posts I like and join in like the beaver posts, which was funny

Some posts I just look and and digest the info in them

Other posts get a fleeting glance by

But on the whole I find BE.com a great source of invaluable information, without which I would not have found answers to many of my mind boggling questions.

Yes I do agree that we should kick into touch the poster who decides to hijack a serious thread with some useless drivel, as some valuable info could be lost because it goes of at 4 million different tangents than the original post

Bleech take a chill pill and get back to your usual self

Eddie

You are truly indeed one of a kind eddie my pal! Canada is very fortunate to have you emigrating here! All the best to you my friend in moving and settling in! You really are a sweetheart!

ps - most of your jokes were incorporated into the cheesy joke thread - so there!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:46 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You are truly indeed one of a kind eddie my pal! Canada is very fortunate to have you emigrating here! All the best to you my friend in moving and settling in! You really are a sweetheart!

ps - most of your jokes were incorporated into the cheesy joke thread - so there!
Och !!!!! What a nice thing to say

Your a wee gem Sue

Remember we may have a date at the end of the year !!!!

Eddie
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:31 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I find this "new direction" very tiresome. Sure there is a place for a laugh and a joke...the lounge. Sure, its OK to lighten the load here too with a bit of banter, we have all done it, but when more than 50% of your output is "comedy", maybe its time to rethink your contribution, it just becomes noise, and you start to be though of as a troll.

Its not the first time this has happened here...last time it took a bit of moderator inflicted time out to right the ship.

It would be a shame if this caused people to stop coming here, this forum has a lot of usefull information to impart on Canadian Lifestyle and Culture, and thats what the vast majority of posts here should be restricted too. If you want a laugh, go bother the people in the lounge, or we should set up a Tim Hortons corner here like the other sub forums.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech
Right back now.
Ok you did make very good points Calgal.
It wouldn't be so bad if the hijacked threads were funny, but the same old repeated inuendos are so fricking boreing. It's like being in the 60s.
The point about ignoreing it is just not valid. How can you ignore it if it's there on most threads and some serious ones turn into a Sid and Barbera sketch?
I'm not going to get anywhere with this, so I don't know why I'm bothering just thought someone needed to say something.
I'll get back to my map reading and bursting kids balls that have rolled onto my precisionly cut grass
I'm back too - did you acheive anything? I didn't (much anyway)

I don't agree with your 'not going anywhere with this', you're quite right to have said something; you are as entitled to an opinion, and to voice it, as any member here. I suppose therein lies the problem; "you can't please all the people all the time".

It's certainly given food for thought to a lot of us, I'm sure. Whilst this is a place where we should all be free to post whatever we like within reason (though again, what's funny is a personal thing ), there is a time and place for some things - and you're right; almost every thread on the board isn't it!

This place is very high in quality by comparison to many other forums on the 'net. It would be very sad to lose that. I think you did a good thing in raising the issue. Don't beat yourself up for it
Old Jun 25th 2006, 4:40 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
I'm back too - did you acheive anything? I didn't (much anyway)

I don't agree with your 'not going anywhere with this', you're quite right to have said something; you are as entitled to an opinion, and to voice it, as any member here. I suppose therein lies the problem; "you can't please all the people all the time".

It's certainly given food for thought to a lot of us, I'm sure. Whilst this is a place where we should all be free to post whatever we like within reason (though again, what's funny is a personal thing ), there is a time and place for some things - and you're right; almost every thread on the board isn't it!

This place is very high in quality by comparison to many other forums on the 'net. It would be very sad to lose that. I think you did a good thing in raising the issue. Don't beat yourself up for it
Had an afternoon away from the kids and went off roading with my BC wife beating next door neighbour in his Hummer H1. He's not really a wife beater, but has the image of one Amazing scenery from top of the mountain looking over the Okanagan lake. Wish I'd taken my camera
Anyway, I haven't got anything against people posting funny things, no chance. Humour is sometimes the only way in these forums, but I do have a problem with the constant hijacking and double en-tundra threads. A few times is very funny, but some people take it too far. Trying to get threads banned or moved is just so sad and very trollesk.
But that's just my opinion and I'm a sad old git...apparently
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What's with this place?

Originally Posted by stepnek
Nicely put. Too many self-appointed comedians who think it's so neat to throw in off topic witty (at least witty to them) comments. It's very, very tiresome and dull.
I'd just like to withdraw my comments here because I don't think I'm in a position to be all that critical when I so rarely contribute. I'm not the biggest fan of all the off thread banter but it does seem to be popular with a lot of people. On reflection I've changed my opinion and I'm now wondering if I'm just a miserable git? Am I? Is this what I've become? I promise to laugh more!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:24 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just like to withdraw my comments here because I don't think I'm in a position to be all that critical when I so rarely contribute. I'm not the biggest fan of all the off thread banter but it does seem to be popular with a lot of people. On reflection I've changed my opinion and I'm now wondering if I'm just a miserable git? Am I? Is this what I've become? I promise to laugh more!
I have the sole rights to the BE award for miserable git status.....
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just easily led
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dingbat
I have the sole rights to the BE award for miserable git status.....

Nah, I dont think so. I've never said this to you before I have to admire you and the profession you are in. It must be so incredibly difficult to deal with the "down and outs" all day and try and stay positive. Then go home to a husband and 5 kids and live on a limited budget.......if you get down sometimes you deserve to do so...you have a tremendous amount on your plate hon and are handling it very very well!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:54 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Nah, I dont think so. I've never said this to you before I have to admire you and the profession you are in. It must be so incredibly difficult to deal with the "down and outs" all day and try and stay positive. Then go home to a husband and 5 kids and live on a limited budget.......if you get down sometimes you deserve to do so...you have a tremendous amount on your plate hon and are handling it very very well!
well said. it must be very difficult to still see the positive stuff when you're surrounded with negativity every day
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:55 pm
Made in the UK

poolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud of

*pushes a custard pie into stepnek's face for a laugh*
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:10 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear looks like Grumpy is now the sole stooge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.