Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's with this place?

What's with this place?

Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:02 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's with this place?

One point made about being able to ignore it is that in fact you can't, why? Because most posts gets hijacked and turned into an episode from Are you Being Served.
I've made over 460 posts since 2004, non of them have been interesting? Cool, that's gotta be a record eh?
I really don't have a problem with anyone on here, the friendly banter is sometimes hillarious. When the beaver/cock/fanny/pussy jokes (Hu hu hu he said Cock ) first started it was very funny. But after the first 500 times it wears a bit thin.
I realise that this might sound like a boreing old git, I'm not, but someone had to say it.
A place (like the Ozzie one) where you can hang out and talk about penis's though is a great idea
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:54 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bleech
A place (like the Ozzie one) where you can hang out and talk about penis's though is a great idea
Where is dbd when we need him?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Where is dbd when we need him?

He's making sure his tools is in tip top shape!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Some great points made here - on both sides

Isn't it all about respect at the end of the day? I don't see why we can't all live in harmony together here. We just need to compromise a little.

It's true that too many threads are being hi-jacked, and maybe that should be at least reduced. (Though I think most would agree that sometimes these are the funniest - and the world needs more funny).

BUT, having said that; some serious topics are getting lost in the confusion, which is also a shame. How about we refrain from the rampant hi-jacking, and if and when a thread does 'lose' it's way and someone objects, just say so? A polite "Off topic, please stop!" should do it. I for one, would respect that. By the same token, if there are threads that are just plain 'silly', then those who don't appreciate the humour don't have to read them.

What say you?

(Perhaps we should run a poll?)

Last edited by Calgal; Jun 24th 2006 at 4:29 am.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:27 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that this might sound like a boreing old git, I'm not, but someone had to say it.
No you definitely not, you got some interesting t-shirts mate and I'm always interested in your beer fridge (endless supply of Kokanee, self-filling can rack ???).

Rich.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:01 am

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
No you definitely not, you got some interesting t-shirts mate and I'm always interested in your beer fridge (endless supply of Kokanee, self-filling can rack ???).

Rich.
Fridge is full for tonight mate
You can listen to me being unfunny all night

Last edited by Bleech; Jun 24th 2006 at 5:05 am.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by willmore
He's making sure his tools is in tip top shape!
Blimey woman! Just how big is that karma button of yours? That chunk you sent me was huge.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:07 am
Made in the UK

poolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud ofpoolking has much to be proud of

Blimey woman! Just how big is that karma button of yours? That chunk you sent me was huge.
I like a woman with a big karma button
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Fridge is full for tonight mate
You can listen to me being unfunny all night
If you arrive home, find that your front door is open & the fridge is gone... you'll know we stopped by!

btw... I appreciate your posts and the info you've provided to help others out. Cheers!

Oggy
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
If you arrive home, find that your front door is open & the fridge is gone... you'll know we stopped by!

btw... I appreciate your posts and the info you've provided to help others out. Cheers!

Oggy
You know you're welcome round whenever you like!
If you start burglering me (for all the Benny Hill fans, I said "Burglering" ) I'm going to have to make sure that I get beer in the Siv doesn't like.... umm could be difficult

<Disclaimer> Burglering may be a made up word but I put it in to break the ice a bit
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Calgal
Some great points made here - on both sides

Isn't it all about respect at the end of the day? I don't see why we can't all live in harmony together here. We just need to compromise a little.

It's true that too many threads are being hi-jacked, and maybe that should be at least reduced. (Though I think most would agree that sometimes these are the funniest - and the world needs more funny).

BUT, having said that; some serious topics are getting lost in the confusion, which is also a shame. How about we refrain from the rampant hi-jacking, and if and when a thread does 'lose' it's way and someone objects, just say so? A polite "Off topic, please stop!" should do it. I for one, would respect that. By the same token, if there are threads that are just plain 'silly', then those who don't appreciate the humour don't have to read them.

What say you?

(Perhaps we should run a poll?)
Nicely put and I agree with what you say. Going out now but will reply when I get back, just to let you know that I'm not ignoreing you.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:44 am

You know you're welcome round whenever you like!
If you start burglering me (for all the Benny Hill fans, I said "Burglering" ) I'm going to have to make sure that I get beer in the Siv doesn't like.... umm could be difficult

<Disclaimer> Burglering may be a made up word but I put it in to break the ice a bit
It's close enough to the original, which is also close enough to the word you were trying to avoid to make me wonder why you bothered in the first place.

Just realised that Britain's Prime Minister has the initials TB. Don't know why that popped into my head.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely put and I agree with what you say. Going out now but will reply when I get back, just to let you know that I'm not ignoreing you.
Well, thank you!

But it's ok - I'm used to being ignored - I'm a mum...lol

I'm off out too - trying to buy birthday pressies (oops - that's a bit off topic, sorry ) See you later.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
> Looks around, realizes there's a life to be lived, that chips and crisps and beer and ketchup and baked beans are the trivia of Expat life, leaves B.Expats to fester like soap scum in a petri dish

Urk. I get asked why so many Brits are whinge bags, I show them this website, they laugh and understand the banality of it all.

Life is outside of a computer, go find it people, go live it, embrace it, fight it, make it scream, make it sweat, spill some blood, dig some holes, make friends and a few enemies too. A life unexamined is a life less lived.

Rich.
Rich....I luv ya man! I luv yer funky words of wisdom and you know? they're dead true I'm on the verge of marital unrest for the amount of time I'm spending on here.....the kids are missing me hubby's feeling pushed out I can't help it, it's so funny on here....some days the topics are but mostly they perk my whole day. If y'all knew how many HOT, cloudless days I've spent preferring to be posting on here That's it....I'm off here for the day and out enjoying Canada
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:25 am

Just realised that Britain's Prime Minister has the initials TB. Don't know why that popped into my head.

Err what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.