Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature in your area?

What is the temperature in your area?

Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:48 pm
Velouria

Default Re: What is the temperature in your area?

Originally Posted by flashman
But are you getting any sun or are you suffering from SAD (http://www.sada.org.uk/)?

While it might be cold in Canada we do get a lot of sunshine.
i bought a SAD lightbox my last winter in the uk... it helped (one would hope as i paid a lot for it!) i think thats one thing that makes this cold worthwhile... the sunshine!

Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:52 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by willmore
hehehe I was going to try the gloves, but my husband told me it would be grounds for divorce. He wasn't happy with the outfit I had on already. He gave me a shot of rye and that really did the trick. Wonder if I could use that to knock out the kids?
lol i spent the better part of last night with my gloves on! but then my hands are *always* cold

we had a little airplane tester size bottle of vodka here.. but im saving that for the really cold weather

Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Its 10.13 am here and its a balmy 21 below. I have a 3 month old shih-tzu puppy and I have to admit that I have resorted to putting him on a long leash and letting him "go" on the deck so I don't have to go out with him. He goes out - I stay inside and hold the leash. He hasn't yet figured out how to get down the steps to the garden.

I guess I'd better get out there with a plastic bag and pick up the frozen dumps!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:37 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

And that does bode well in the man's mental image department, when one considers the alternative. Er, if I may say so.

Originally Posted by Velouria
damn! a woman's gotta keep warm!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=Velouria]lol i spent the better part of last night with my gloves on! but then my hands are *always* cold

My hands and feet are cold all the time, so my husband is used as a heating pad to get and keep them warm.

We are actually having some sunshine right now - unbelieveable - wish it would warm up a bit or l'll have to bring out the thermal underwear again.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rhodes
And that does bode well in the man's mental image department, when one considers the alternative. Er, if I may say so.
No, you may not!!!! A woman has to do what a woman has to do!!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:33 pm
the-smiths

Or you can just wear your Mac......LOL

- wish it would warm up a bit or l'll have to bring out the thermal underwear again.

Last edited by the-smiths; Dec 7th 2004 at 4:38 pm.

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:11 pm
Velouria

My hands and feet are cold all the time, so my husband is used as a heating pad to get and keep them warm.

We are actually having some sunshine right now - unbelieveable - wish it would warm up a bit or l'll have to bring out the thermal underwear again.
LOL same here. my husband is like a radiator!

i have to go out and get some grocery shopping done... i dread trying to have to start the car! i didnt plug it in last night

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:12 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by the-smiths
Or you can just wear your Mac......LOL

yeah - she looks warm! *laughs* (actually, more like 'can you get this photo shoot over with already..')

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:16 pm
Velouria

cheeky monkey!

although, i suppose women probably do look better cold than men do.... *waits for it*

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:21 pm
the-smiths

Plug what in, you haven't got one of these have you?

LOL same here. my husband is like a radiator!

i have to go out and get some grocery shopping done... i dread trying to have to start the car! i didnt plug it in last night

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:26 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by the-smiths
Plug what in, you haven't got one of these have you?

lol i wish!

we live in an apartment complex, so our car sits outside... there is a socket to plug the (damn whats it called) block heater in (?)... my dad used to do it all the time for our vw golf back when i was in montreal... if you didnt plug it in, it wouldnt start in the morning!!!

but i need to get rid of it anyway.. thats going to be fun! i hate selling cars (or mini-vans in this case)

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:26 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I was paraphrasing one f Eddie's earlier comments I might add.

What do you mean...?

cheeky monkey!

although, i suppose women probably do look better cold than men do.... *waits for it*
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:29 pm
Velouria

I was paraphrasing one f Eddie's earlier comments I might add.

What do you mean...?
well i cant really go into that... who knows what kids are browsing this forum as we speak?

wont anyone think of the children?! *laughs*

Old Dec 10th 2004, 8:56 am
the-smiths

What's that then?

No, you may not!!!! A woman has to do what a woman has to do!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.