British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   What is the temperature in your area? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/what-temperature-your-area-270620/)

Velouria Dec 6th 2004 10:48 pm

What is the temperature in your area?

ive been indoors for about half an hour and my hands are still freezing, and i dont contemplate taking my coat off for another fifteen minutes...

temperature tonight to hit -34 with windchill in calgary - what about the rest of the country?

willmore Dec 6th 2004 10:53 pm

Re: What is the temperature in your area?

Originally Posted by Velouria
ive been indoors for about half an hour and my hands are still freezing, and i dont contemplate taking my coat off for another fifteen minutes...

temperature tonight to hit -34 with windchill in calgary - what about the rest of the country?

My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

Time I think for a good stiff drink of some sort.

Velouria Dec 6th 2004 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

yeah tell me about it! i remember the cold damp of the uk.. it never got cold, but the damp used to go right through me. you think i would be used to the cold by now!

still prefer it to the stifling heat tho, any day! i just hope my car starts tomorrow :D

Rhodes Dec 6th 2004 11:34 pm

I suggest that you close the windows and turn off the air conditioning.

Voyager970 Dec 7th 2004 12:07 am

Originally Posted by willmore

Here Willmore we shall now call you

PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

I PMSL at this. I had a mental image of you in your thermals with the biggest pair of pants on in the world, hence the PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

Dont say things like you wear thermal undies, does not bode very well in the mans mental image department of you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Get what I mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) OR MAYBE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Eddie :beer:

kleinluka Dec 7th 2004 12:09 am

-10 in montreal today :/

Velouria Dec 7th 2004 12:10 am

Originally Posted by kleinluka
-10 in montreal today :/

with/without windchill? gotta love the windchill :)

Velouria Dec 7th 2004 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Here Willmore we shall now call you

PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

I PMSL at this. I had a mental image of you in your thermals with the biggest pair of pants on in the world, hence the PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

Dont say things like you wear thermal undies, does not bode very well in the mans mental image department of you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Get what I mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) OR MAYBE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Eddie :beer:

damn! a woman's gotta keep warm! ;)

willmore Dec 7th 2004 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Velouria
damn! a woman's gotta keep warm! ;)

Exactly (hehehe)

iaink Dec 7th 2004 12:41 am

High of -5, -11 with windchill, with some light snow. Freezing rain forecast overnight. Lovely. I'd rather have -34 than freezing rain. Still, everything is very pretty once its done:)

NessieOggy Dec 7th 2004 1:08 am

-2 C now in Kelowna, BC (6 PM).

Oggy

farmgirl Dec 7th 2004 1:13 am

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
-2 C now in Kelowna, BC (6 PM).

Oggy

regina -13 in day -20 at night
no real wind small flurries

sunday was much colder

flashman Dec 7th 2004 1:14 am

Originally Posted by iaink
High of -5, -11 with windchill, with some light snow. Freezing rain forecast overnight. Lovely. I'd rather have -34 than freezing rain. Still, everything is very pretty once its done:)

Sure beats the perpetual grey skies and rain or dampness that I experienced in Lancashire.

willmore Dec 7th 2004 1:15 am

Hope you don't have to drive in it tonite - if so be really careful!!!! We can't afford to lose a "lurker".... :D

Velouria Dec 7th 2004 2:09 am

i remember my mother sending me photos of the ice storm of 97, when i was in the uk... it was a killer.. but what a gorgeous sight (if you were lucky enough to have power and watched it from a well heated house) :)