Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature in your area?

What is the temperature in your area?

Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:48 pm
Velouria

Default What is the temperature in your area?

ive been indoors for about half an hour and my hands are still freezing, and i dont contemplate taking my coat off for another fifteen minutes...

temperature tonight to hit -34 with windchill in calgary - what about the rest of the country?

Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: What is the temperature in your area?

Originally Posted by Velouria
ive been indoors for about half an hour and my hands are still freezing, and i dont contemplate taking my coat off for another fifteen minutes...

temperature tonight to hit -34 with windchill in calgary - what about the rest of the country?
My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

Time I think for a good stiff drink of some sort.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:57 pm
Velouria

Originally Posted by willmore
My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

yeah tell me about it! i remember the cold damp of the uk.. it never got cold, but the damp used to go right through me. you think i would be used to the cold by now!

still prefer it to the stifling heat tho, any day! i just hope my car starts tomorrow

Old Dec 6th 2004, 11:34 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I suggest that you close the windows and turn off the air conditioning.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:07 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore

Here Willmore we shall now call you

PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

I PMSL at this. I had a mental image of you in your thermals with the biggest pair of pants on in the world, hence the PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

Dont say things like you wear thermal undies, does not bode very well in the mans mental image department of you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Get what I mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR MAYBE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

-10 in montreal today :/
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:10 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by kleinluka
-10 in montreal today :/
with/without windchill? gotta love the windchill

Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:12 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Here Willmore we shall now call you

PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

I PMSL at this. I had a mental image of you in your thermals with the biggest pair of pants on in the world, hence the PARACHUTE PANTS !!!!!!!!!

Dont say things like you wear thermal undies, does not bode very well in the mans mental image department of you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Get what I mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR MAYBE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
damn! a woman's gotta keep warm!

Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Velouria
damn! a woman's gotta keep warm!
Exactly (hehehe)
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:41 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

High of -5, -11 with windchill, with some light snow. Freezing rain forecast overnight. Lovely. I'd rather have -34 than freezing rain. Still, everything is very pretty once its done
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

-2 C now in Kelowna, BC (6 PM).

Oggy
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:13 am
Just Joined

farmgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
-2 C now in Kelowna, BC (6 PM).

Oggy
regina -13 in day -20 at night
no real wind small flurries

sunday was much colder
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
High of -5, -11 with windchill, with some light snow. Freezing rain forecast overnight. Lovely. I'd rather have -34 than freezing rain. Still, everything is very pretty once its done

Sure beats the perpetual grey skies and rain or dampness that I experienced in Lancashire.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hope you don't have to drive in it tonite - if so be really careful!!!! We can't afford to lose a "lurker"....
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:09 am
Velouria

i remember my mother sending me photos of the ice storm of 97, when i was in the uk... it was a killer.. but what a gorgeous sight (if you were lucky enough to have power and watched it from a well heated house)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.