Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature in your area?

What is the temperature in your area?

Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature in your area?

Originally Posted by iaink
I'd rather have -34 than freezing rain.
It's -10 during the day without any windchill. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, we had some snowball fights and improved the snowman, it's very difficult to get a carrot into an already made snowman - Ooer Missus!

We're forecast freezing rain tonight too, I haven't experienced that yet but it doesn't sound too good.

One other question, we had a very thin layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen today, is this just the moisture in the air of the interior of the car or should I be taking a trip to the garage again?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:33 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
-10 in montreal today :/
...but it is meant to be getting warmer... a high of 5 for thursday!!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:35 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
We're forecast freezing rain tonight too, I haven't experienced that yet but it doesn't sound too good.
Its not. Go carefully! Very Carefully.
Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
One other question, we had a very thin layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen today, is this just the moisture in the air of the interior of the car or should I be taking a trip to the garage again?

Thanks
Its just one of the joys of winter. Could well be there for a while. Best bet is to just scrape it off with the back of your glove or something, it takes forever for the demister to deal with it.

Enjoy, only another 5 or 6 months to go
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:35 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

Time I think for a good stiff drink of some sort.
think you should invest in some gloves... that'll sort out your hands!!!

actually, i'm extremely happy i invested in a kanuk winter jacket... expensive even in their sale... but i can go out in only a long sleeve t-shirt under this jacket and not feel cold...
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi There,

well in cold, damp lovely lancashire today it is dry but chilly, about 10 (above not minus) so fairly warm compared to you lot.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:30 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

My kids and I came back from beach just before lunch, and like you I haven't been warm since. It's 3c here in Victoria, but really damp and cold - feels very much like it could snow at any time. In fact, they have been predicting snow here for the past few days.

I have 3 pairs of thermal socks, my thermal underwear and 2 sweatshirts on and my hand are still cold.

Time I think for a good stiff drink of some sort.
Ugh. I forget about how deceptively cold it is in Victoria. It's like the cold goes right up the soles of your shoes, travels along your bones and up your spine. And there's nothing that works against it! Brrrrrr. I'll be there in a few weeks and not looking forward to that aspect of it!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:42 am
the-smiths

This pic was from driving home from work last night in my neighbourhood, you can see how cold it is, even from the inside of the car, and all the snow on the floor. Rain is predicted for today ( Tuesday )

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi There,

well in cold, damp lovely lancashire today it is dry but chilly, about 10 (above not minus) so fairly warm compared to you lot.
But are you getting any sun or are you suffering from SAD (http://www.sada.org.uk/)?

While it might be cold in Canada we do get a lot of sunshine.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi Flashman,

well the sun is really shining today and is going to shine tomorrow aswell, so off for nice walk with the dog this afternoon. When i lived in Calgary i remember the sun being really bright all winter.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi Flashman,

well the sun is really shining today and is going to shine tomorrow aswell, so off for nice walk with the dog this afternoon. When i lived in Calgary i remember the sun being really bright all winter.
Morning from Victoria. 4c with rain, rain and more rain, but feels much milder than yesterday. We are predicted to have sun this afternoon. One can only hope that we could ever be so lucky.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ksct97
think you should invest in some gloves... that'll sort out your hands!!!

actually, i'm extremely happy i invested in a kanuk winter jacket... expensive even in their sale... but i can go out in only a long sleeve t-shirt under this jacket and not feel cold...

hehehe I was going to try the gloves, but my husband told me it would be grounds for divorce. He wasn't happy with the outfit I had on already. He gave me a shot of rye and that really did the trick. Wonder if I could use that to knock out the kids?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:23 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

No, save the good stuff for yourself and give the children Gravol.

hehehe I was going to try the gloves, but my husband told me it would be grounds for divorce. He wasn't happy with the outfit I had on already. He gave me a shot of rye and that really did the trick. Wonder if I could use that to knock out the kids?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

waltham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Velouria
ive been indoors for about half an hour and my hands are still freezing, and i dont contemplate taking my coat off for another fifteen minutes...

temperature tonight to hit -34 with windchill in calgary - what about the rest of the country?
26c here in Melbourne
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:35 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Sounds far too hot. It's just pleasant in London.

Originally Posted by waltham
26c here in Melbourne
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:42 pm
the-smiths

Not according to this, it doesn't:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94868.html

Just goes to show you that OZ is not what it's cracked up to be........LOL

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Sounds far too hot. It's just pleasant in London.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.