Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What Makes People emmigrate

What Makes People emmigrate

Old May 22nd 2007, 7:38 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all
Default What Makes People emmigrate

I know this has been asked, but rather than ask for the top ten reasons why people choose to put themselves through this process to pack everything up and leave to go live in another country such as Canada - So, I'd be interested to know what are your absolute top three reasons, do you feel you perhaps have been driven or pushed...

Rgds

John
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:43 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Makes People emmigrate

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
I know this has been asked, but rather than ask for the top ten reasons why people choose to put themselves through this process to pack everything up and leave to go live in another country such as Canada - So, I'd be interested to know what are your absolute top three reasons, do you feel you perhaps have been driven or pushed...

Rgds

John
1. Boredom
2. I made a hasty decision and couldn't subsequently back down
3. Canada was closer than either New Zealand or Oz

I made the initial choice and then lived to regret it.
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Like the lifestyle
2. Believe will have better quality of life
3. Don't like the way the UK is going
4. Don't like the way the NHS is going
5. Canada has seasons, not just warm rain/cold rain constantly
6. .................

Sorry getting carried away.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We did it for more money, shorter working hours, more house and better summers.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:02 pm

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
We did it for more money, shorter working hours, more house and better summers.
Aye - right! (said in my best West coast sarcastic tone)
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Aye - right! (said in my best West coast sarcastic tone)
Seriously!
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:07 pm

Seriously!
I know. Has it worked thus far?
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:11 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

For us it was all down to lifestyle - skiing, mt biking, hiking, kayaking etc, all within 20 mins from home. Shorter working hours and better summers also help....
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know. Has it worked thus far?
2 out of 4. When Mr B starts work I'll let you know about the other 2
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

2 out of 4. When Mr B starts work I'll let you know about the other 2
We've got 3 out of 4 (less money, rather than more) but seem to need less here where there's so much free outdoor stuff to pass the time
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:20 pm

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Rgds

John
Forgot to add mine, Mine kind of encapsulate a higher meaning, but in a nut shell here they are.

1. A better quality of life for my family.
2. Don't like what UK has become.
3. UK is just to expensive.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:22 pm

Forgot to add mine, Mine kind of encapsulate a higher meaning, but in a nut shell here are mine.

Are you suggesting that our reasons are mundane, base and selfishly motivated?? lol
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm

Are you suggesting that our reasons are mundane, base and selfishly motivated?? lol

LOL, that was unintentional.....lol, I should probably define a little more my three though....when we say a better quality of life what does that really mean, for me I think I know...another example, or one of mine was what the UK has become, a bit of that would be the escalating violence, yob culture I noticed that people seem to be angrier...on top of the rising cost of living, just gas and electricity, I'm paying just under a £100 a month just for my electric. I actually had went through a purge of my direct debits and got rid of the non essentials...my sky was 50 Pounds a month...

Regards

John
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Forgot to add mine, Mine kind of encapsulate a higher meaning, but in a nut shell here they are.

Bit confused Dozy.....you've mentioned in another thread that you are canadian?
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:07 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

more money - big career rise for dh
I can be sahm
better lifestyle
wonderful climate
great to raise kids here

UK just didnt make us happy, we didnt have the options we have being expats, we have the money now to live how we want, travel alot, and give our kids every advantage they may need, like private schooling - which where we were living in the UK was unaffordable and the state schools were very hit and miss .... and our catchment area school was MISS!

plus - the worlds a small place .... I beleive kids really benefit growing up knowing the world is not just about the country they were born in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.