Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What the hell is going on at CIC

What the hell is going on at CIC

Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the hell is going on at CIC

Originally Posted by pebrown444
I thought they were going to complete the old applications before starting the new ones.
Don't know why you thought that? It's always been assumed that if you applied post Feb 08 then your application would be processed much quicker than those who applied just before Feb 08. There have been many discussions on here about whether or not to retract applications and reapply to try and speed things up.

Remember that they've stated that all applications under the 'new' system will be processed within 6-12 months so they have to try and stick to that, whereas the old system has a massive backlog of applications to get through so that'll take a while to catch up.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

I don't think this is true - there are plenty of people on there with late 06 AOR's and early 07 AOR's with 90 day letters. Some from late 06 with Med requests as well. Seems like they are processing normally with typically just over 2 years between AOR and 90 day letters.

Originally Posted by pebrown444
Hi guys

Looking at Trackit and 2 people who sent in applications in 08 are now getting 120 day letters if they are on the kist of 38. No one under the old scheme who has an application after Nov 06 seems to have anything. Looking at the dates it looks like CIC are now totally ignoring the old list and are all processing the new list.

I thought they were going to complete the old applications before starting the new ones. When Aug 08 applicants start getting processed in Dec 08 i panic.

Does anyone know what is really going on?

Cheers
Pete
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Seems like they are processing normally with typically just over 2 years between AOR and 90 day letters.
Which is a hell of a lot better than the 42-48 months originally quoted in our AORs!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

but to be fair, there does seem to have been a bit of a 'lull' in the 'old' queue which may just be explained by the festivities... it certainly seems that way for those of us poised to receive the next batch of 90 day letters, anyway lol!

all good things come to those who wait.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

the fact that we didn't expect to hear anything until Jan 10 is irrelevant, right?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

From what I understand there is a different office in sydney NS dealing with new applications following the 08 ruling. Stands to reason if it is new they will speedy at first cos I bet they have one a team who checks eligibilty. Those that do are passed onto another team to deal with in the same office. Like anything new it is easy at first because there wont be that many. Give 12 months and most applications under the new process will take nearer the 12 month mark. I bet I am right!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:20 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by englishrose1
From what I understand there is a different office in sydney NS dealing with new applications following the 08 ruling. Stands to reason if it is new they will speedy at first cos I bet they have one a team who checks eligibilty. Those that do are passed onto another team to deal with in the same office. Like anything new it is easy at first because there wont be that many. Give 12 months and most applications under the new process will take nearer the 12 month mark. I bet I am right!

Sydney only deals with eligibility, if the applicants claimed job is in the list of "38" it is then transferred to the overseas office.