British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   What the hell is going on at CIC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/what-hell-going-cic-583190/)

christmasoompa Jan 10th 2009 6:23 pm

Re: What the hell is going on at CIC

Originally Posted by pebrown444 (Post 7149293)
I thought they were going to complete the old applications before starting the new ones.

Don't know why you thought that? :confused: It's always been assumed that if you applied post Feb 08 then your application would be processed much quicker than those who applied just before Feb 08. There have been many discussions on here about whether or not to retract applications and reapply to try and speed things up.

Remember that they've stated that all applications under the 'new' system will be processed within 6-12 months so they have to try and stick to that, whereas the old system has a massive backlog of applications to get through so that'll take a while to catch up.

bodgerx Jan 10th 2009 7:02 pm

I don't think this is true - there are plenty of people on there with late 06 AOR's and early 07 AOR's with 90 day letters. Some from late 06 with Med requests as well. Seems like they are processing normally with typically just over 2 years between AOR and 90 day letters.

Originally Posted by pebrown444 (Post 7149293)
Hi guys

Looking at Trackit and 2 people who sent in applications in 08 are now getting 120 day letters if they are on the kist of 38. No one under the old scheme who has an application after Nov 06 seems to have anything. Looking at the dates it looks like CIC are now totally ignoring the old list and are all processing the new list.

I thought they were going to complete the old applications before starting the new ones. When Aug 08 applicants start getting processed in Dec 08 i panic.

Does anyone know what is really going on?

Cheers
Pete

singingringingtree Jan 10th 2009 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by bodgerx (Post 7149498)
Seems like they are processing normally with typically just over 2 years between AOR and 90 day letters.

Which is a hell of a lot better than the 42-48 months originally quoted in our AORs!

debbiem Jan 10th 2009 7:31 pm

but to be fair, there does seem to have been a bit of a 'lull' in the 'old' queue which may just be explained by the festivities... it certainly seems that way for those of us poised to receive the next batch of 90 day letters, anyway lol!

all good things come to those who wait. :D

debbiem Jan 10th 2009 7:32 pm

the fact that we didn't expect to hear anything until Jan 10 is irrelevant, right? ;)

englishrose1 Jan 11th 2009 2:07 am

From what I understand there is a different office in sydney NS dealing with new applications following the 08 ruling. Stands to reason if it is new they will speedy at first cos I bet they have one a team who checks eligibilty. Those that do are passed onto another team to deal with in the same office. Like anything new it is easy at first because there wont be that many. Give 12 months and most applications under the new process will take nearer the 12 month mark. I bet I am right!

PMM Jan 11th 2009 5:20 am

Hi

Originally Posted by englishrose1 (Post 7150795)
From what I understand there is a different office in sydney NS dealing with new applications following the 08 ruling. Stands to reason if it is new they will speedy at first cos I bet they have one a team who checks eligibilty. Those that do are passed onto another team to deal with in the same office. Like anything new it is easy at first because there wont be that many. Give 12 months and most applications under the new process will take nearer the 12 month mark. I bet I am right!

Sydney only deals with eligibility, if the applicants claimed job is in the list of "38" it is then transferred to the overseas office.