Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What does 'Property is in land titles' mean?

What does 'Property is in land titles' mean?

Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:24 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does 'Property is in land titles' mean?

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I think some of the real estate and legal experts on this thread might be making this stuff up as they go along.
I think you'll find I said in an earlier post, that I was not sure of my answers.

As different provinces have different ways of approaching and naming the same thing. We are trying to help with a phrase that at first was given to us out of context, and then later in context.

At least we were trying to be helpful.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greentea3
From mls

"You better check it out soon & move in quickly. Property is in Land Titles. Taxes are more because it's not owner occupied. Will be adjusted on closing. Home is well insulated."
I have no idea what that means, sorry
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

BC15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think some of the real estate and legal experts on this thread might be making this stuff up as they go along.
Actually, the subject of Land Registry and Land Titles is a very important part of the knowledge base of an Ontario Realtor. To the best of my belief Land Titles only exists in Ontario, though it may just be called something different elswhere in Canada. It's important to know the difference because of adverse possession, which in some areas is rife. A property may have originally been registered under the old Land Registry system and recently moved into Land Titles but with reservations regarding any other claims of ownership including adverse possession.
On a particular property I bought without an up-to-date land survey I faced adverse possession on two sides of my property. The cost of fighting them in court (which is what I faced) was projected to be $80,000 each, win or lose! I have no reason to waste my time making this stuff up!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:42 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I think you'll find I said in an earlier post, that I was not sure of my answers.

As different provinces have different ways of approaching and naming the same thing. We are trying to help with a phrase that at first was given to us out of context, and then later in context.

At least we were trying to be helpful.
Originally Posted by BC15
Actually, the subject of Land Registry and Land Titles is a very important part of the knowledge base of an Ontario Realtor. To the best of my belief Land Titles only exists in Ontario, though it may just be called something different elswhere in Canada. It's important to know the difference because of adverse possession, which in some areas is rife. A property may have originally been registered under the old Land Registry system and recently moved into Land Titles but with reservations regarding any other claims of ownership including adverse possession.
On a particular property I bought without an up-to-date land survey I faced adverse possession on two sides of my property. The cost of fighting them in court (which is what I faced) was projected to be $80,000 each, win or lose! I have no reason to waste my time making this stuff up!
A touchy bunch aren't we
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:08 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

A touchy bunch aren't we
Nobody better be touching me without permission