Reload this Page >

What about the dog!

What about the dog!

Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What about the dog!

Here's our "Hemi"

Has anyone taken their dog with them to Canada? How did it all go?

Last edited by Dave n Ailsa; Feb 17th 2010 at 12:47 am. Reason: Added another picture. We love our doggy, lol
Old Feb 17th 2010, 12:55 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What about the dog!

I guess we're all guilty of it, but is this just an excuse to post pictures of your dog?
Because there are LOADS of threads about emigrating with pets... all it takes is a quick search.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Guilty as charged, lol

I hate using the search thing, it never works right for me. You get fresher information if you ask again
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:31 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

We took our two - who were both 8ish at the time. One is a lab cross, the other a collie cross.

Neither of them had any problems at all. We went the expensive route and got a company to do everything for us, and got full pet passports. All went without a hitch though and was money well spent.

Others have done more of the work themselves and got it all done much cheaper and had no problems. Others have paid companies large amounts of money and still had lots of problems. Just depends on your situation I suppose.

Feel free to ask if you want any more information.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:56 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654601

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...addy+the+puppy

Two threads in just over a week - should help.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:40 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
might be a bit too old that info
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

we are curently in the process of taking our 6 year old boxer cross from glasgow to vancouver.

we are using petsawayuk. we sorted the per passport ourselves through our vet as it means if things go wrong in canada we can bring jess back quite easily.

the basics you need are that the dog must be micro chipped and had a rabies vaccination. some airlines will let you take the pet as cargo yourself and others will tell you it has to be done through an agent.

it's costing us just over £1000 for Jess to fly glasgow to vancouver.
we are on the same flight with canadian affair for about £560 for the two of us!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:08 am
Account Closed

I'm serious. I typed "Dog" into the search thing at the top, and got "cat death", cost of drugs, and Puppy needs a new home. I just can't get it to work properly for me.lol

Anyway, thanks to all for the links and the stories.

Looks like I'm looking at up to a grand for the pooch then. Does he get a window seat for that price?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:24 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

He because i'm feeling particularly charitable, heres a link to the moving logistics of the WIKI for Canada.

There are headings for transporting pets, and also dogs in Canada etc.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...gistics-Canada
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Thank ye kindly
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We bought 3 with us no problems, have 2 left plus we adopted another 2 but here are my 2 pictures taken very recently One (GS) is 4 years old and other is about 13 years old
Attached Thumbnails What about the dog!-phoenix-winter-09-number1.jpg   What about the dog!-chance-winter09number-1.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

It's hard enough leaving relatives and friends behind let alone much loved pets that are part of your little family and essentially your 'children'.

Most people back in England thought we were crazy when we said we'd be bringing our two cats with us to Canada, but it never even crossed our minds to leave them behind. And our human children were thrilled to bits when our cats arrived a week after us. It made our new home feel like home rather than just a holiday for us all.

We opted to leave the cats in a cattery for a week in England before having them sent out just so that we could get ourselves a little more sorted before they arrived. I'm glad we did that, otherwise handling two young jet lagged children as well as two frightened cats at the same time would have been even more nuts.

Definitely do your research though, there are huge variations in cost.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:58 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Guilty as charged, lol

I hate using the search thing, it never works right for me. You get fresher information if you ask again
The more you drink at the well of 'I can't be arsed to find this info will someone please post it for me', the less you will receive. Ask questions by all means, but have some clue eh?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:15 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
might be a bit too old that info
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
The more you drink at the well of 'I can't be arsed to find this info will someone please post it for me', the less you will receive. Ask questions by all means, but have some clue eh?
Thanks for your help, no wait, you didn't help, in fact, why did you post?

Post count low or something?

Look, I'm fully aware there's a search system, but I frikkin hate them. I prefer to talk to people and get personal responses to my questions. Otherwise I would just surf all the FAQ's in the world.

Maybe thats what YOU want to do, but then you'd have no-one to bitch about eh?

Thanks to all who understand the human touch and have taken the time to help, or add links.

As for the moaning minnie's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.