Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What about the dog!

What about the dog!

Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:38 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What about the dog!

Sorry but AX has a point.

(and is one of the many helpful posters on this site)

You say you prefer the personal response, but everything you read on the internet has been the personal response of someone at some stage.

So to attack someone by saying "oh is your post count low" is bang out of order - what is this a - this is my thread, only post what I ask for and the rest be dammed.

Why does the phrase "lazy chav" spring to mind
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Harsh. You don't get chavs in fairy ferries.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

might be a bit too old that info
Ms Migs only brought Paddy a few weeks ago - where you been in the land of loved up
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but AX has a point.

(and is one of the many helpful posters on this site)

You say you prefer the personal response, but everything you read on the internet has been the personal response of someone at some stage.

So to attack someone by saying "oh is your post count low" is bang out of order - what is this a - this is my thread, only post what I ask for and the rest be dammed.

Bang out of order?

I was accused of being a lazy arse that wanted everyone else to do my work for me, and then he didn't even bother to help. Sorry but HE was bang out of order.

If you don't want to help then stay off the thread, quite simple.

For those that do want to help, I am eternally greatfull and one day I will repay their kindness.

If you look hard enough I'm sure you would find answers to EVERYTHING ever asked, so why bother having the option to even post a question?

There seems to be a lot of bitterness on this forum from a certain few. I know this is a stressfull business and I can accept occasionally people will get annoyed with trivial things, but you have to see it from my point of view... I'm DEAD EXCITED!. Nothing can happen fast enough for me, including getting true answers to real situations.

Surely you were like that once?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Bang out of order?

I was accused of being a lazy arse that wanted everyone else to do my work for me, and then he didn't even bother to help. Sorry but HE was bang out of order.

For those that do want to help, I am eternally greatfull and one day I will repay their kindness.

If you look hard enough I'm sure you would find answers to EVERYTHING ever asked, so why bother having the option to even post a question?

There seems to be a lot of bitterness on this forum from a certain few. I know this is a stressfull business and I can accept occasionally people will get annoyed with trivial things, but you have to see it from my point of view... I'm DEAD EXCITED!. Nothing can happen fast enough for me, including getting true answers to real situations.

Do you not see the contradiction in the first hilighted paragraph????

There's no biterness towards those that help themselves - and yes we've all been there at some stage.

Difference being is that most of us got up off our arses and did some groundwork first, and then posted specifics.

And to use the excuse "I don't like using the search function" is just bloody lame - I don't like washing up, but still do it.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

It's not bitterness. I could give a damn about you, your earning ability and your dogs, but generally I'll be helpful as a search of my 4k+ posts will back up.

Oh wait, you don't do searching right?

Nah, its asking questions that are often and regularly answered with even having the good grace to do a modicum of research. I mean really, help yourself eh? If you can't show the initiative to do the research to even ask more pointed questions such as 'What about company X for transporting my dogs?' or 'As a Y in Ontario are earnings of z reasonable?' then I fear you get what you deserve.

Nice dogs btw.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Do you not see the contradiction in the first hilighted paragraph????

There's no biterness towards those that help themselves - and yes we've all been there at some stage.

Difference being is that most of us got up off our arses and did some groundwork first, and then posted specifics.

And to use the excuse "I don't like using the search function" is just bloody lame - I don't like washing up, but still do it.
Well you should get a dish-washer, like I have.

You're like a Terrier, you just won't let go will ya
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Bang out of order?

Now now peeps lets not take this into an argument over the wonderful "search" facility - which we all know brings up all sorts of cr4p when you search.

The problem with an open forum is that it allows people to say what they want and sometimes it can rile you - you have to learn to take some comments with a pinch of salt.

The Paddy the puppy thread is a good one as it is the most recent one if I am correct and I know that it was as easy as Migs put and Paddy definitely made the trip safely as I hear him barking most evenings when the forced air heating comes on and Migs and I are on the phone.

Good Luck

PS AtXpat has the opinions he has stated due to a long time on the forum and it is annoying when someone who has been on here a long time sees people asking the same questions over and over again.

When we joined there werent as many members and we had to research more ourselves as the different situations werent as "popular" as they are today.

Not condoning someone taking a "pop" at someone else but just trying to make people aware that others find it really annoying to be dealing with the same points over and over again when people have already answered and others have taken the time to put the info in the WIKI
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:37 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Well you should get a dish-washer, like I have.

wow aren't you posh

You're like a Terrier, you just won't let go will ya
try Rottweiller

Seriously 50% of you comes across as a half decent bloke, the other 50% as a lazy show off who thinks he can charm people into whatever he likes by laying on the praise.

Stick with the decent guy hey and people will respond more warmly to you and believe it or not you'll get more help too
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Now now peeps lets not take this into an argument over the wonderful "search" facility - which we all know brings up all sorts of cr4p when you search.

The problem with an open forum is that it allows people to say what they want and sometimes it can rile you - you have to learn to take some comments with a pinch of salt.

The Paddy the puppy thread is a good one as it is the most recent one if I am correct and I know that it was as easy as Migs put and Paddy definitely made the trip safely as I hear him barking most evenings when the forced air heating comes on and Migs and I are on the phone.

Good Luck

PS AtXpat has the opinions he has stated due to a long time on the forum and it is annoying when someone who has been on here a long time sees people asking the same questions over and over again.

When we joined there werent as many members and we had to research more ourselves as the different situations werent as "popular" as they are today.

Not condoning someone taking a "pop" at someone else but just trying to make people aware that others find it really annoying to be dealing with the same points over and over again when people have already answered and others have taken the time to put the info in the WIKI
See, now THAT is a nice reply. No slagging off, just a calm straightforward post.

Thank you.

So, I'm sorry to those I have annoyed by not looking everything up myself. But there is no need for name calling.

I will endeavor from now on to use the search facility and try not to post any questions on the forum.

Dave.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does everything on any part of this forum turn into a slagging match? Same thing happened today on another thread!

My answer-

We came in 2002 to Ottawa from UK. We used Airpets.co.uk as we had seen them on the BBC documentary program "Airport" several times and liked how they treated the pets.

Our 2 Cocker Spaniels were fine- just make sure that all your vets jabs certificates are correctly dated as our vet had dated ours the past year which caused some problems-luckily we were able to verify info-took us `15 mins to get our landing done- then over an hour to get the dogs out of cargo becos of the Customs querying dates as previously mentioned!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shelley748
Why does everything on any part of this forum turn into a slagging match? Same thing happened today on another thread!

My answer-

We came in 2002 to Ottawa from UK. We used Airpets.co.uk as we had seen them on the BBC documentary program "Airport" several times and liked how they treated the pets.

Our 2 Cocker Spaniels were fine- just make sure that all your vets jabs certificates are correctly dated as our vet had dated ours the past year which caused some problems-luckily we were able to verify info-took us `15 mins to get our landing done- then over an hour to get the dogs out of cargo becos of the Customs querying dates as previously mentioned!!
Thanks for that.

I think "Lifeisajourney"'s idea about leaving their cats behind for a week was an excellent idea.

At least our dog would be on a lead, but I reckon I could trust a relative to watch him for a week or two, then "post him on" to us

I can just imagine his tail wagging frantically when he gets off the plane and first sees us again
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Thanks for that.

I think "Lifeisajourney"'s idea about leaving their cats behind for a week was an excellent idea.

At least our dog would be on a lead, but I reckon I could trust a relative to watch him for a week or two, then "post him on" to us

I can just imagine his tail wagging frantically when he gets off the plane and first sees us again
Hi Dave n Ailsa

We used petsaway uk the guy called dave their was fab, theyre based in surrey i think and we flew from manchester with 2 labradors and 2 tortoises he custom made the wooden crates, he advised me on the paperwork and ensured we were all on the same flight together, despite the long day everything went step by step as dave had said it would im glad we brought the dogs at the same time they are only 4 yrs old the people at the freight company at manchester were also brilliant with the pets, at canada side well not so great but we got around that

you can pm me if you have any other questions

good luck
k
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:30 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Here's our "Hemi"

Has anyone taken their dog with them to Canada? How did it all go?

http://file049b.bebo.com/13/original...975010829o.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/13/original...975010771o.jpg
The hassle of bringing a dog over is not really worth it, if I were you I'd either give it to some one else or put it down and buy a new one over here.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
The hassle of bringing a dog over is not really worth it, if I were you I'd either give it to some one else or put it down and buy a new one over here.
Oh you're just hilarious.

Mybe someone could put YOU down and we could get a new one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.