Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What about the dog!

What about the dog!

Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:04 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What about the dog!

To be fair to the OP the search function is dreadful. When I wanted to find out about transporting my stuff here, I searched for "to" naturally assuming it would list me all threads with the phrase "goods to follow"; the results weren't exactly sensible. To make matters worse I got the same thing when I searched for "the", "and", "it", and "a" - bloody search function - it's about time they sorted it out.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alan, I knew I wasn't the only one.

But it's not just this forum, it's ANY forum, and I've been on a few, lol.

It also help if you know the topic already exists. These smart-arses that have been belittling me know about the previous topics because they have already been part of the discussion, so know where to look.

But lets not open that can of worms again. It's just nice to know that people are still happy to help without grudging it.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Oh you're just hilarious.

Mybe someone could put YOU down and we could get a new one
But what a loss to expat community this would be
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:26 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The hassle of bringing a dog over is not really worth it, if I were you I'd either give it to some one else or put it down and buy a new one over here.
...We were going to have ours put down but everyone gave us a guilt trip about it, so we brought him with us.

Turns out to be a good move. There's a fairly decent dog fighting scene here in Edmonton and we've already won back more than the cost of bringing him over.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bsmith
...We were going to have ours put down but everyone gave us a guilt trip about it, so we brought him with us.

Turns out to be a good move. There's a fairly decent dog fighting scene here in Edmonton and we've already won back more than the cost of bringing him over.
Good one.

Unfortunately my dog is a lover, not a fighter. Or at least he was before I took him for "the op".
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

bowstreet-runner is an unknown quantity at this point

We came to Calgary 6 months ago and we brought our family dog with us. Couldn't leave him behind he is part of the family. So after shipping around found a really good company that brought him over on the same flight with us. He loves it here. Loves the snow and running in the river in the sun. Dogs have to be on a lead her but it doesnt really bother him. Any specific questions feel free to ask
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:11 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

thats jus wrong!!!

Last edited by scottandsel; Mar 1st 2010 at 9:13 pm. Reason: cos i laughed, replied then felt reeeeeally bad
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:19 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsel

thats jus wrong!!!

I appreciate that this sport isn't everyone's cup of tea.

So for those who are looking for an alternative way to recoup the cost of bringing their pets into the country, may I suggest you contact a local animal testing laboratory. It's generally only stuff like shampoo they test and the animals usually regain their sight in a day or two. Plus, they always come back smelling nice.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:53 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Well - there IS a search function , , ,any ways,

we brought 2 hounds over in Dec 2008 - LGW to YVR 700 GBP - plus their crates - about 200GBP plus the vets stuff and customs - about 300 gbp

Did oit ourselve via Air Transatt cargo arm ..
all v easy - cept dogs v hungry on arrival - hubby came to meet us and forgot the dog food so had to feed them the remaining jelly babies and wine gums from the flight!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:09 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

. Plus, they always come back smelling nice.
Unless you are a beagle owner.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:54 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I like seeing mine come home in the latest shade of eyeshadow
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:15 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I like seeing mine come home in the latest shade of eyeshadow
and matching claw varnish!!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:51 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

I appreciate that this sport isn't everyone's cup of tea.

So for those who are looking for an alternative way to recoup the cost of bringing their pets into the country, may I suggest you contact a local animal testing laboratory. It's generally only stuff like shampoo they test and the animals usually regain their sight in a day or two. Plus, they always come back smelling nice.
that even worse ....... heehee
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:46 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our 11 year old Jack Russsell and a 3 legged cat with us from Heathrow to Calgary 16 months ago. Like others have said, they had to be microchipped and have their rabies shot. We didn't get pet passports as we were not intending to go back to the UK so we just got export papers. We used a company called Airpets. Yes, more expensive than doing it yourself (friends checked their dog in as excess baggage) but felt our pets were being looked after. We took them to the airport the day before and they were on the same flight as us and we collected them from customs about an hour after we had landed. Cost is dependent upon the size of the dog; ie what size crate etc. Your dog looks pretty big so will cost more. Ours is small (Jack Russell) and she cost us GBP 500.

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Here's our "Hemi"

Has anyone taken their dog with them to Canada? How did it all go?

http://file049b.bebo.com/13/original...975010829o.jpg

http://file049b.bebo.com/13/original...975010771o.jpg