UK Elections

Old May 6th 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Elections

Anyone else sad enough to be listening / watching the live coverage of the election!

Theres some serious dramas unfolding - sit-ins/annoyed voters preventing the ballots boxes from leaving. Apparently turning voters away!

Whichever way you wish to vote - its the most heated election I've witnessed!

Nats
Old May 6th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Elections

Originally Posted by NatsnSid
Anyone else sad enough to be listening / watching the live coverage of the election!

Theres some serious dramas unfolding - sit-ins/annoyed voters preventing the ballots boxes from leaving. Apparently turning voters away!

Nats
That's what happens when the Nations dissatisfaction with the standard of television programming attains such heights, attentions turns to politics...and something else to do come Thursday evening....
Old May 6th 2010, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light

Hahaha - ain't that the truth!

I say witness - I am watching it online - theres been some "extraordinary" happenings in Sunderland - apparently.

They ran out of ballot papers and there were students turning up who didn't know where they lived - wreaking havoc! lol.

Its going to be a long night for them all back home lol glad I can just pop on and find out whats going on periodically.....without losing any sleep.

** Police now called to Polling Station in Maidstone!!!!

Last edited by NatsnSid; May 6th 2010 at 11:33 pm. Reason: update
Old May 7th 2010, 12:44 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Nats
Yep, we are watching it in our house.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

The conservatives are in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just before I go home....

The best thing they might do is clean up the Chavs stick them in the army, get them polishing boots and washing dishes.

I'm imagining great flaming hoodie pyres and Burberry cremations.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:16 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I was pleased to see the use of a pie chart in the election coverage. Its nice to see the BBC are finally responding to the needs of the viewer.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:17 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving the coverage on the BBC website. Last election you had to keep refreshing the page, but this time it's doing it all automatically. How technology changes.
Old May 7th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm loving the coverage on the BBC website. Last election you had to keep refreshing the page, but this time it's doing it all automatically. How technology changes.
Yes it's great being able to watch it all and not have to stay awake all night - still doesn't make me feel homesick though and no, I didn't vote.
Old May 7th 2010, 2:42 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

watching. am nerd. don't care.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:28 am
Just Joined

mablloyd is an unknown quantity at this point

watching too
Old May 7th 2010, 7:47 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Nats
Its lazy arse people waiting til 9.30 to go and vote and surprised that theres a queue. One woman said, i queued for over half and hour! Ooh poor you. Did you see S Africa and Iraq where they dodged car bombs to queue for hours?!!
Old May 7th 2010, 10:37 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I must say how disgusted I am about people not being allowed to vote. This is Britain (note how I miss the 'great' off) and not some 3rd world country. I felt my blood boiling as I watched it last night seeing people not being able to cast a vote. Truly appalling.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Its lazy arse people waiting til 9.30 to go and vote and surprised that theres a queue. One woman said, i queued for over half and hour! Ooh poor you. Did you see S Africa and Iraq where they dodged car bombs to queue for hours?!!
Couldn't agree more...the polls were open from 07h00 until 22h00 and there were postal votes etc. If you're not in the building by 22h00 you are SOL as far as I am concerned.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:59 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greentea3
Well, I must say how disgusted I am about people not being allowed to vote. This is Britain (note how I miss the 'great' off) and not some 3rd world country. I felt my blood boiling as I watched it last night seeing people not being able to cast a vote. Truly appalling.
Other than the idiots who ran out of polling cards, the rest who were unable to vote only have themselves to blame. The Polling Stations were open for 15 hours though the day and night. The option to vote via post was also there.

Again, here we have the media doing what it does best these days.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kate 17
The conservatives are in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hung parliament last time I looked.

Cameron speaking 14.30 UK time.

Clegg indicated he may jump in with Cameron.

Not over yet....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.