Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Type of Car suggestion for Ontario/Toronto?

Type of Car suggestion for Ontario/Toronto?

Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Type of Car suggestion for Ontario/Toronto?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
That's odd. One of my neighbours works in finance. He drives a Lexus. He does shovel his drive, though.
This is quite funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km11Cb5NDp0
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Well there are limits.....next you're going to tell me you aspire to owning a Chevy Avalanche.
What about a Ssangyong Rodius?

A car that the designers proudly claim was inspired by a boat.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
What about a Ssangyong Rodius?

A car that the designers proudly claim was inspired by a boat.
Looking for something worse I went to http://www.uglycars.co.uk/ where, shock horror, they have Subarus.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
Well there are limits.....next you're going to tell me you aspire to owning a Chevy Avalanche.
Sadly, after living in Canada for almost four years, my aspirations are for something with european build and handling thats affordable. I catch myself thinking 'Oh look, you can now buy an Astra from Saturn thats made in Europe'. As a long time Ford employee that's physically painful.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's much less the case here than in Europe though you can still make an impression. I saw a tricked up Japanese Something with the plate UNIX GOD and thought that conveyed a message clearly.
...I'd always imagined you with the plate: "DB2"
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
...I'd always imagined you with the plate: "DB2"
S0C7 actually. Fewer and fewer people understand it.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:41 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

S0C7 actually. Fewer and fewer people understand it.
Does it refer to the error of your ways?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Main frame error I believe.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by R I C H
Does it refer to the error of your ways?
Data exception, adding the name and address together, for example.

It refers both to the source of the funds for the car and the rationality of the choice of vehicle.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Sadly, after living in Canada for almost four years, my aspirations are for something with european build and handling thats affordable. I catch myself thinking 'Oh look, you can now buy an Astra from Saturn thats made in Europe'. As a long time Ford employee that's physically painful.
Believe me, you don't want an Astra no matter how its re-badged. My dad recently bought the new shape (traded in a Nissan) and he's regretting it already. Good, for a Vauxhall (GM) but there are better alternatives.

I would have thought that a euro-car (assuming they aren't doing much to modify it) wouldn't be completely suited to North American driving patterns...

I own a Honda Accord Sport here in the UK and after trying out my brother-in-law's US Accord in Virginia I can see how that model is better suited to the type driving over there.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:55 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Data exception, adding the name and address together, for example.

It refers both to the source of the funds for the car and the rationality of the choice of vehicle.
Huh? I thought that was ad error that occurs because of spaces being moved into a packed decimal field. Or when you not always initialize the numeric fields. But the again it has bee a long time since I played on a 390
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:56 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=retsujou;6861423]Hello.

What type of car would you suggest for the Toronto area?

I say go for my favourite car the Aston Martin, be nice to see a few more around the Toronto area but not sure how the roof rack would go down or the handling in Winter?!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:58 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by retsujou
Huh? I thought that was ad error that occurs because of spaces being moved into a packed decimal field. Or when you not always initialize the numeric fields. But the again it has bee a long time since I played on a 390
dbd puts things in imperial fields, not decimal ones.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Yes, more or less. Adding a name, assumed to be alpha (PIC X or CLn) to an address, similar picture, with, say, an add packed instruction fails because the data isn't validly packed decimal. Moving spaces to a field defined as packed wouldn't necessarily cause the program to fail, it may result in a value containing lots of fours (x'40' being a space in EBCDIC) depending on the language and the exact instruction generated.

And they're not 390s anymore, they're z/OS boxes now and they usually have some sort of Linux layer to complicate matters. Makes one nostalgic for the days of carburettors.

Last edited by dbd33; Oct 10th 2008 at 8:09 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:03 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

[QUOTE=JLT;6864042]
Hello.

What type of car would you suggest for the Toronto area?

I say go for my favourite car the Aston Martin, be nice to see a few more around the Toronto area but not sure how the roof rack would go down or the handling in Winter?!
Thanks Aston martins are on my black list. I neither like how they look nor do I like how they handle. That is probably influenced by the fact that my Stephfather has worked 35 years for Porsche

If I were to splash out money on a super car or sports car it would be a RUF tuned Porsche, probably the green RS

Last edited by retsujou; Oct 10th 2008 at 8:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.