Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

rockycove will become famous soon enoughrockycove will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

I don't think your too young. I came over to Canada when I was 21 straight out of university and I ll be 26 this month. Your doing the right thing by coming on a working holiday first, its not all plain sailing here.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 4:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljcni99
A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country.
I don't know about being too young to emigrate. But you are far too young to be the burned out husks your post indicates. Tired of the rat race at 22... pfft, the youth of today have no stamina.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

We started saving at 22, put in the application at 25 and moved at 26. From everything I've heard, it's far easier while you are young and have no kids to worry about.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:01 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I don't know about being too young to emigrate. But you are far too young to be the burned out husks your post indicates. Tired of the rat race at 22... pfft, the youth of today have no stamina.
Exactly if you can make it in the UK you can make it anywhere.... at 22 sounds like its a little bit too much like hard work so ill try somewhere else..lightweights
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:12 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I was the opposite.
At 22 and even less, I thought I was a prefect age to try out another country.
At that age I thought I was far too young to marry.
Each to their own.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Perhaps I was the opposite.
At 22 and even less, I thought I was a prefect age to try out another country.
At that age I thought I was far too young to marry.
Each to their own.
+1 best response here
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljcni99
Hi. Im new to this forum so go easy. lol

A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country. We have both always be attrced to moving away. Not for an easier life, just a better quality.

My wife is currently unemployed after recovering from a liver transplant. I am a qualified electrical maintenance engineer with 5 year experience.

We are in the process of trying to plan a working holiday to canada and maybe australia. But i guess my main concern is Canada accepting my qualification.

I guess my question is about te job prospects at my age? FOr the working holiday were hoping to get a job in a resort either in ontario or vancouver

If anyone has ever done this or something similar i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Ljcni99
Become an outdoor adventure guide, a lobster fisherman or do a Ph.D in 13th century Chinese pottery. If you think the 'rat race' is bad in the UK you should try over here, its like retirement but with a job.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:19 pm

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
Become an outdoor adventure guide, a lobster fisherman or do a Ph.D in 13th century Chinese pottery. If you think the 'rat race' is bad in the UK you should try over here, its like retirement but with a job.
Lol, f**king love it.
I remember someone said moving to canada was like retiring to devon but in your 30s.

Surely its not that bad.