Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

ljcni99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Hi. Im new to this forum so go easy. lol

A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country. We have both always be attrced to moving away. Not for an easier life, just a better quality.

My wife is currently unemployed after recovering from a liver transplant. I am a qualified electrical maintenance engineer with 5 year experience.

We are in the process of trying to plan a working holiday to canada and maybe australia. But i guess my main concern is Canada accepting my qualification.

I guess my question is about te job prospects at my age? FOr the working holiday were hoping to get a job in a resort either in ontario or vancouver

If anyone has ever done this or something similar i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Ljcni99
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?

Originally Posted by ljcni99
Hi. Im new to this forum so go easy. lol

A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country. We have both always be attrced to moving away. Not for an easier life, just a better quality.

My wife is currently unemployed after recovering from a liver transplant. I am a qualified electrical maintenance engineer with 5 year experience.

We are in the process of trying to plan a working holiday to canada and maybe australia. But i guess my main concern is Canada accepting my qualification.

I guess my question is about te job prospects at my age? FOr the working holiday were hoping to get a job in a resort either in ontario or vancouver

If anyone has ever done this or something similar i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Ljcni99
BUNAC would be the way to go for a working holiday.
Your wife's health may cause some problems for insurance, covering existing conditions and related meds.
If in the future you applied for PR she may well have problems at the medical stage.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

we applied when we were 23 and are still waiting for PR at the age of 25 but are hoping to go out on an IEC this year while we wait....We didn't want to start off our married life in the UK.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Yea I no that my wifes health maybe a problem. We have been on holidays since her op and managed to get insurance. But it will still be hard. We will have to deal with that when it comes to it.

Ive been researching Bunac. but have read mixed reviews. Some say better doing it yourself and save money while others says its a great thing.

Thanks for the reply
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

wolfie...

when you and your wife go out what are you going to do for jobs. Thats the part im sort of worried about.

I no bunac helps you find a job, is it hartd to find one if we go out by ourselves?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:36 pm
Account Closed

Yea I no that my wifes health maybe a problem. We have been on holidays since her op and managed to get insurance. But it will still be hard. We will have to deal with that when it comes to it.

Ive been researching Bunac. but have read mixed reviews. Some say better doing it yourself and save money while others says its a great thing.

Thanks for the reply
What do you mean by doing it yourself? BUNAC would be the only way you can get into Canada unless you have a job to come to or your job is on the 'list' and you have enough experience after qualifying. It's very hard to get a job in Canada from the UK. You will also have to take the local certification exams to work as an electrician.

You need to know that the Canadian healthcare system does not cover medications so even if you did get PR you would be paying for those unless you had a job with health insurance. People are refused after medicals if they have a condition that is likely to cost the healthcare system more than $5000 a year.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

We will find jobs!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:06 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

also not 100% sure you can apply for bunac as a couple/married
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

no we cant. well we can put on all the forms we are marrie dna d send them in together but they have to be two seperate forms
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:15 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

no we cant. well we can put on all the forms we are marrie dna d send them in together but they have to be two seperate forms
I notice you didn't comment on cost of medical care in Canada. I have personal experience of post-transplant care and medications. The anti-rejection drugs will probably run between $1,000 and $3,000 monthly, if not more.Your wife will require regular clinic attendance at a major transplant hospital and possible procedures such as ultra-sounds and bone scans. She will need to do blood tests at least quarterly.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:24 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
What do you mean by doing it yourself? BUNAC would be the only way you can get into Canada
As from this year, you can apply for an IEC (Canada work experience) visa directly from Immigration Canada, without going through BUNAC.

Come on Batty, keep up!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
As from this year, you can apply for an IEC (Canada work experience) visa directly from Immigration Canada, without going through BUNAC.

Come on Batty, keep up!
I consider myself chatised.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

what are you going to do for jobs. Thats the part im sort of worried about.

I no bunac helps you find a job, is it hartd to find one if we go out by ourselves?
BUNAC's help isn't really worth the money in my opinion. It still requires a lot of effort on your part; it's not like Bunac just hand you a job.

If you've got a CV and the right attitude, you'll find some kind of work eventually just by walking the streets and asking around, same as UK (if not easier). Some prep work from the UK might benefit as well.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I notice you didn't comment on cost of medical care in Canada. I have personal experience of post-transplant care and medications. The anti-rejection drugs will probably run between $1,000 and $3,000 monthly, if not more.Your wife will require regular clinic attendance at a major transplant hospital and possible procedures such as ultra-sounds and bone scans. She will need to do blood tests at least quarterly.
This sounds like the most pertinent post so far - and should be taken on board. How long ago was your wife's op? And what is your consultant's five year plan with regards to this, check ups, meds, etc. I presume you don't just get sent home and told "good luck" ?!

Seriously - with regards to potential medical care, costs, meds - and the crucial need for buying extra medical cover or having an employer that pays for this, let alone any issues that may arise from the Medical for Permanent Residency in due course, lots of research is needed.

I'm not saying it's not possible - far from it - but you need to go in with your eyes wide open.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ann m
This sounds like the most pertinent post so far - and should be taken on board. How long ago was your wife's op? And what is your consultant's five year plan with regards to this, check ups, meds, etc. I presume you don't just get sent home and told "good luck" ?!

Seriously - with regards to potential medical care, costs, meds - and the crucial need for buying extra medical cover or having an employer that pays for this, let alone any issues that may arise from the Medical for Permanent Residency in due course, lots of research is needed.

I'm not saying it's not possible - far from it - but you need to go in with your eyes wide open.
Ah but he's ignoring posts on heathcare in Canada. #2 and 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.