Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thank you to Brazelot

Thank you to Brazelot

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:03 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you to Brazelot

Do bras a lot also sell big girls pants?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:04 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
that's great, seriously you are blowing this out of proportion,
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:08 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

If I were a cynic, I would say someone is quite happy that there is a thread titled "Thank you to Brazelot" hanging about on the thread listing. It's publicity, right, and the name will stick in somebodies mind (especially if they don't bother reading the thread).
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:15 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who uses a representative to do anything at all for them, should do research.

The majority will go with public opinion as (for this company at least) the bad far outweighs the good, irrespective of whether or not the op sings praises or not.

If these people get fleeced, then thats sad but not totally out of the blue, if they get a good deal (unlikely) and a good end result, then thats the best that can be hoped for.

Simple. nothing more, nothing less.

I could listen to Novo til i'm blue in the face about Tim Hortons being kack and full of bad mustard, but I loved my FVC this lunchtime.

It's preference innit (though granted Timmies didn't charge me $6k for the privilege.)

Call me pyschic but I predict a "I'm closing this thread as it's original point has been made and therefore anything else is irrelevant" moment coming on....................

Last edited by mandymoochops; Feb 3rd 2013 at 8:17 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:16 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Anyone who uses a representative to do anything at all for them, should do research.

The majority will go with public opinion as (for this company at least) the bad far outweighs the good, irrespective of whether or not the op sings praises or not.

If these people get fleeced, then thats sad but not totally out of the blue, if they get a good deal (unlikely) and a good end result, then thats the best that can be hoped for.

I could listen to Novo til i'm blue in the face about Tim Hortons being kack and full of bad mustard, but I loved my FVC this lunchtime.

It's preference innit (though granted Timmies didn't charge me $6k for the privilege.)
FVC?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrudyTeresa
Well I feel bullied whether you think I should feel it or not. I do not care if you all have opposite opinions re Brazelot.Its they way you have treat myself and my family on here.I am not a stupid or uneducated women and know a bully when i see/hear one.
Nobody has treated you nor your family with anything other than respect. There has not been one iota of bullying (and I know a bully too, there have been none here).

Had you mentioned, as part of a post on your excitement about moving to Canada perhaps, that you had used the services of Brazolot and found them good then the likelihood is that nobody would have bothered too much. As it is, people are (good naturedly) making jokes at Brazolots expense (not yours) but that is absolutely no reflection on you. The problem is, when someone suddenly makes a big song and dance and starts raving on about a specific company - when that company has reportedly been less than wonderful to the majority of others - it puts big red flags up, particularly to regular posters.

British humour is rife on this site - and welcomed by most. If it isn't to your liking perhaps maybe you are over reacting just a tad to light hearted comments that are not directed at you personally.

I am glad that it worked out for you and that you got your PR, regardless of how it was obtained and I am sure we all hope your move goes well, but be prepared - there's a whole lot more stress on it's way in the actual move. This is when you really have to have a sense of humour and take life a little more lightly - otherwise it will drive you bonkers.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
FVC?
French Vanilla coffee
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Call me pyschic but I predict a "I'm closing this thread as it's original point has been made and therefore anything else is irrelevant" moment coming on....................
6k? and the rest and agree, this will be closed shortly I am sure
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:20 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
FVC?
French Vanilla Cappuccino
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Nobody has treated you nor your family with anything other than respect. There has not been one iota of bullying (and I know a bully too, there have been none here).

Had you mentioned, as part of a post on your excitement about moving to Canada perhaps, that you had used the services of Brazolot and found them good then the likelihood is that nobody would have bothered too much. As it is, people are (good naturedly) making jokes at Brazolots expense (not yours) but that is absolutely no reflection on you. The problem is, when someone suddenly makes a big song and dance and starts raving on about a specific company - when that company has reportedly been less than wonderful to the majority of others - it puts big red flags up, particularly to regular posters.

British humour is rife on this site - and welcomed by most. If it isn't to your liking perhaps maybe you are over reacting just a tad to light hearted comments that are not directed at you personally.

I am glad that it worked out for you and that you got your PR, regardless of how it was obtained and I am sure we all hope your move goes well, but be prepared - there's a whole lot more stress on it's way in the actual move. This is when you really have to have a sense of humour and take life a little more lightly - otherwise it will drive you bonkers.

aka a backbone
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:23 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
French Vanilla coffee
Oh yes. Forgot that there were such concoctions. Come to think of it, could do with one right now.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellanova
I'm sure your not stupid or uneducated, but your grammar is terrible
Brilliant. How post-modern.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:29 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by Oink
Brilliant. How post-modern.
Well said.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Spot on Ms Psychic.

OP, if you really think you've been bullied on this thread then you need to re-read it. The McDonald's analogy above was spot on - people have taken the mickey out of Brazolot, but NOT you personally.

Thread closed.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrudyTeresa
Nice to hear the moderaters sticking up for bullies on here
Sorry, my crystal ball must be on the blink...

Whether there is bullying or not is kind of a moot point. I no one reports the thread what the heck are we supposed to do anyway...