Supermarket

Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supermarket

Originally Posted by KellieLouise
Thanks for the replies. We're in the Waterloo/Kitchener area so I'll take a look and see if any of your suggestions are near by.

I haven't read through the entire thread but I lived in Waterloo for ten years so I can help out.

Sobeys, Freshco, Food Basics, No Frills, Superstore, Costco (requires membership), Zehr's, and Metro (down in Cambridge unless they have opened a location in KW since I left the area two years ago).

There is also the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Surprised no one has chimed in with Fortinos as a suggestion - Waitrose prices and Tesco ambiance.

Fortinos doesn't exist in KW, it is Zehrs there (same thing though).
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by KellieLouise
Hi,

I arrived in Ontario on Sunday with my partner and am still trying to get used to everything. In England we would normally do our food shopping in Asda or Tesco and I thought Walmart would be the Canadian equivalent, but the fresh food seemed to be of poor quality. Would anyone be able to recommend a good supermarket to shop in that is reasonably priced (food seems quite expensive, but I'm not sure if it's because I having been looking in the right place)?

Thanks!
Hi Kellie Louise,

Don't get on here very often, noticed your post and that you're in Waterloo. Just wondering how you are settling? I've been here with hubby and kids for just on 5 years now. We're in Upper Beechwood area, near to UW. Give me a shout if you need any help/advice!

Lynsey
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynseySmith
Hi Kellie Louise,

Don't get on here very often, noticed your post and that you're in Waterloo. Just wondering how you are settling? I've been here with hubby and kids for just on 5 years now. We're in Upper Beechwood area, near to UW. Give me a shout if you need any help/advice!

Lynsey
The OP hasn't been back to BE since September 2013 so I doubt she will see this post. Perhaps send her an email via the 'email' on her profile?

I will close this thread as it is an old one.