Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Soccer in Calgary

Soccer in Calgary

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

rodeo star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soccer in Calgary

Does anyone know of a soccer team in South Calgary that has both junior and adult teams.

Myself and my son want to join for the outdoor summer season. I am in Midnapore
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really niceJo Monaghan is just really nice
Default Re: Soccer in Calgary

NSD (www.nsdsoccer.com) is probably the largest club in the south east quadrant of the city and they run a comprehensive program of indoor and outdoor leagues at various age groups. If they hear you're British they'll
probably try to get you to coach (as they did with me). As a volunteer coach I have found the back office organisation a bit stretched sometimes....

Other clubs around the general Midnapore area would include Lake Bonavista and McKenzie United - can't comment on either I'm afraid.

Here's a link to all the Minor Soccer clubs in the City.

http://www.calgaryminorsoccer.com/index.php?submenu=Contact_List&src=gendocs&link=CM SAClubs&category=Contact_List[/URL]

PM me if you want any more info !

MrM
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:58 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodeo star
Does anyone know of a soccer team in South Calgary that has both junior and adult teams.

Myself and my son want to join for the outdoor summer season. I am in Midnapore
Its called Football!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Its called Football!
Not in Midnapore it's not.

BTW I live right next to the big Midnapore pitch - If you've played there you've probably parked in front of my house!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:42 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
I need to get a stack of letters so I can go round and change all those signs by the side of the road that crop up advertising 'Soccer' so it says 'Football' which is its true and correct name.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Its called Football!
Nothing like interacting into Canadian way of life!!!!

i always thought football was the throwball game.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by triumphguy

BTW I live right next to the big Midnapore pitch - If you've played there you've probably parked in front of my house!
Do you mean the pitches opposite centennial high school? if so we live right there as well
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rodeo star
Nothing like interacting into Canadian way of life!!!!

i always thought football was the throwball game.
Thats what it should be called..........football is a game played by kicking a ball with your foot.

Nothing wrong with trying to educate and correct, like reminding people that words like authorise are spelt with an 's' and not a 'z'
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 7:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what it should be called..........football is a game played by kicking a ball with your foot.

Nothing wrong with trying to educate and correct, like reminding people that words like authorise are spelt with an 's' and not a 'z'
Canadians already have a game called football and no amount of "educating" by you or anyone else is going to change the fact that what you call football is accepted as being soccer in this country.

Remember you came here so you must accept some changes, this be one of them.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Remember you came here so you must accept some changes, this be one of them.
Why? Just because I moved here doesmn't mean I instantly loose my national identity..........anyway this is a 'British' Expats forum and we call it Football.

All my Canadian friends know what I mean when I say football
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:49 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Why? Just because I moved here doesmn't mean I instantly loose my national identity..........anyway this is a 'British' Expats forum and we call it Football.

All my Canadian friends know what I mean when I say football
Call it football on here if you want but why do you feel you must correct Canadians?

If they want to call it soccer it is their right to do so.

Are you going to insist that Canadians change gasoline to petrol, trunk to boot, hood to bonnet etc.?

Get over it for goodness sake it is not that big a deal.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Call it football on here if you want but why do you feel you must correct Canadians?

Are you going to insist that Canadians change gasoline to petrol, trunk to boot, hood to bonnet etc.?

Yea...change KPH to MPH.......and demand that Walmart carry 'Marmite'...

Last edited by macadian; Jan 2nd 2009 at 9:01 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely.

BTW Steve, the old prairie dog looks distinctly like a penguin these days.

Very Canadian, that.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:04 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Yea...change KPH to MPH.......and demand that Walmart carry 'Marmite'...
You mean they don't? If you buy a jar of marmite in the UK, will it work here?
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:08 pm
Banned

Obviously not a football fan then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.