Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping boxes over

Shipping boxes over

Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:08 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping boxes over

Another quote in from a company called london baggage

Quoted 623 pounds for 200kg or 36 cuft
that sounds alot lower than the others but also less weight.
and delivery 2/3 weeks which is longer for us.

Still like the easysending quote, plus they send extra boxes out free of charge, plus you get the £50 off the final bill.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

that seems alot our quote was £692 i think from memory ,
for 62 cubic feet dont have the quote to hand but it was around that figure

paul & jo
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:26 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

and what delivery time??
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

6-8 weeks i think
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
6-8 weeks i think
We've been quoted 2 weeks for a container to get over to NS from the UK.
We have spoken to a local shipping agent about our stuff, just waiting for him to come back to us with a price. I think the deal is we have to load our own container here, then sort it out at the other end! We are going to take pretty much everything, clothes, furniture, tools, bikes etc.
They are going to quote for a 20ft+40ft container.
Should find out more next week, will keep you all posted.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
6-8 weeks i think
right, that seems fair for the time line

We need ours there within 1/2 weeks so they need to fly over and not ship over, so i quess that is why our quotes are coming out higher than others.

But i still want the best deal even if his employer is picking the tab up, im just that type of girl
ill be booking easysending next week, so ill let everyone know when we have done the move if they was ok or not
i know mandi is doing her own container she has mentioned on another thread, we was going to but people have given us good money for our stuff, so im taking the wad of cash and going to liq centre