Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping boxes over

Shipping boxes over

Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:47 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping boxes over

thanks for all that info

Excess baggage have not bothered quoting and two emails sent to them
ups 7 day delivery coming out at aroung £980 for 10 boxes, but they think i may have to meet the goods they are unsure

easysending dot com have quoted - Price: it costs £170.00 for 1st carton, from the second one, it cost £105.00 each, max. weight is 30kg per box. Standard carton box and packing material is free to supply. - 7 day delivery

and i have just rung seven seas and they are quoting £275 for first box and £150 for other boxes and delivery 2 weeks

so ups is cheaper so far but as they are unsure on what happens im totally gaga, but the second one is the next cheapest...ahhhhhhhhhhhh

WOW the fun of things
Old Aug 8th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really niceLisa and Steve is just really nice

God that's dear from Seven Seas.

Have just had a look at our invoice and this is what they charged us for transport by sea (Dublin to London and then on to Halifax)

6 x Tea Chests = E624
2 x Book Boxes = E170
1 x large box = E85
Insurance = E90
Homeland Security = E30

Plus they didn't charge us for the storage in their depot in London until the ship sailed (I think it was about 4-6 weeks as we had them picked up before we left Ireland).
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:58 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

our shipment would be to alberta, so i quess its the difference for travel etc

just spoke with easysending and they was great, would deliver within the 7days add or take away 1 day for weekends etc but never later than that

All they require is £50 deposit, i suppose for the boxes and packing material and that we arein the country when the shipment arrives
where else would i be......hmmm with this stress i may go for a holiday first
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I'm following this thread with great interest as we'll be shipping stuff over soon. We were going to get a container and take everything but the person buying our house wanted the furniture too, so now we're just taking boxes

One thing I want to know, and this may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway How do you know how many boxes you will need? I know it gives you the size etc on the firms website, but its impossible to gauge how much stuff will fit into them. How many DVD's can you fit into a 'book box' etc?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minimeeze
I'm following this thread with great interest as we'll be shipping stuff over soon. We were going to get a container and take everything but the person buying our house wanted the furniture too, so now we're just taking boxes

One thing I want to know, and this may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway How do you know how many boxes you will need? I know it gives you the size etc on the firms website, but its impossible to gauge how much stuff will fit into them. How many DVD's can you fit into a 'book box' etc?
Well we can look 'dumb' together as i want to know this too also if you can arrange to take items such as a small bedroom chair and bedding boxes/ottomans i have 2 with a shipement of boxes?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:16 pm

with the easy sending company you order what you think you will need and if you need more they will deliver or if you over order they will take back the unused ones, seems good to me.
im still nagging my lot to sort there stuff out, i know what im taking

They also only require a £50 deposit and you only pay for what you ship....best one so far and its door to door within 7 days

Just fingers crossed they are good as i have never heard of them
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lisa and Steve
Hi there

We only shipped boxes over ourselves when we came last March. We used Seven Seas and opted for the boxes to come by ship, but I do know they offer the option of shipping them by air. Not too sure of the cost but you can approximate the costs yourself on their website - www.sevenseasworldwide.com

We had no dealings with custom officials whatsoever. We had filled in all the forms Seven Seas had sent us, and once we were here in Canada we just sent them back a copy of my work permit. The boxes were loaded on a ship April 25 and were delivered to our door May 7th. In total, 6 tea chests, 2 book boxes and an additional fairly large box cost us around Euro800 (incl insurance).

Lisa
They do ship by air also.... but I think you have to ring them for a quote.... (Watch out, it's a malaysian call centre... If you dont get a good english speaker, hang up and call back - it's a freephone - untill you get one that is!!)
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lisa and Steve
God that's dear from Seven Seas.

Have just had a look at our invoice and this is what they charged us for transport by sea (Dublin to London and then on to Halifax)

6 x Tea Chests = E624
2 x Book Boxes = E170
1 x large box = E85
Insurance = E90
Homeland Security = E30

Plus they didn't charge us for the storage in their depot in London until the ship sailed (I think it was about 4-6 weeks as we had them picked up before we left Ireland).
That's quite good!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theres all sorts of info here:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/menu-eng.html

Try calling the CBSA, they after all are the ones who will have to clear the items... I'd get a cheap calling card first though!!

I'm still waiting for my stuff to arrive, when it does I call CBSA for an appointment, present my shipping inventory, they stamp it and the boxes get delivered.... sound pretty simple, but does require visiting a CBSA office.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

weve decided to use www.anglopacific.co.uk

they seem to have their head screwed on, the other company excess baggaged take so long to get a answer from, so we will give them a miss:curse:
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
weve decided to use www.anglopacific.co.uk

they seem to have their head screwed on, the other company excess baggaged take so long to get a answer from, so we will give them a miss:curse:
HI C.D., How long did they say it would take to get your stuff over to NS.
And are you getting a container or just boxes?
We are checking out shipping at the moment for a possible move in 8 weeks!!
Sorry about bumping the thread, the more info the better me thinks for everybody!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
HI C.D., How long did they say it would take to get your stuff over to NS.
And are you getting a container or just boxes?
We are checking out shipping at the moment for a possible move in 8 weeks!!
Sorry about bumping the thread, the more info the better me thinks for everybody!!
We're using Anglo Pacific- they arrive on Monday.
They reckon roughly 2/3 weeks on the water, a further week or so on rail, then a further 2 weeks ish in customs. Manchester to Edmonton.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

the quote was a door to door service, which would take about 6 weeks they said, we are just useing boxs only got a small amount of stuff to sent
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

With regards to how many boxes - we estimated we would need five and paid our deposit, they delivered five. We then realised we would need more so rang up, got more, then it turned out they charged an extra 12 quid for every box delivery (I could have had them picked up from works courier, it would have been 4 quid a time) - so watch out, because if you keep ordering "a few more boxes"" it will soon be an extra 50 quid.

As someone above said, overestimate then send the boxes back you don't want.

Rachel
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes we agree forgot to say that we asked for extra and we will send what we dont use back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.