British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Security threats!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/security-threats-389800/)

dbd33 Aug 11th 2006 1:50 am

Re: Security threats!!!

Originally Posted by macadian
Jeez - 'TSA' and 'security' all in the same sentence? At least they have one member of the public fooled...;) :cool: :rolleyes:

I admire them. I think that they do a very good job in difficult circumstances.

iaink Aug 11th 2006 3:09 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
This is a problem if your client has a secure site. They will not allow remote demos to be accessed from such places. To use an example I don't think is especially sensitive, the federal bureau of prisons is very very nervous about computers on their network accessing remote sites or vice-versa, if you want to sell them something you have to go there, have your machine screened and then use it to access your remote machine where the video-conference/demo is based. Other government departments are much more strict than that, in some cases you have to be carded before you can even give a remote presentation.

OK, OK, you make a number of very valid points. I will concede that in some (many) circumstances you need to travel with a notebook for business, and I can see that checking it might not be the best option too if your whiole like if wrapped up without password protection on it. How did we all cope before technology came along to make our live easier/complicated

What happend to MDX and butch anyway? Did they finaly get a room :rolleyes: :D

oceanMDX Aug 11th 2006 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Hangman
I am sorry you've hit a sore spot and I have to disagree. The political parties than run the government perhaps don't have the intelligence.

But as a former government employee I am sick and tired of hearing how useless government departments and their employees are.:mad:

I take it you were responsible for maintaining the cod stocks off the east coast? ;)

Rich_007 Aug 11th 2006 4:32 am

Originally Posted by willmore
..... the political parties that run the govt

It's all the fault of the New World Order and the Illuminati :rolleyes: ;)

Humanity is part of a bizarre complex alien experiment.....it's the only possible explanation for such a complete f*** up :D

Rich.

Butch Cassidy Aug 11th 2006 6:44 am

Originally Posted by iaink

Please do not associate me with that person

BTW I went to the pub ;)

Lees147 Aug 11th 2006 8:37 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4782347.stm

All action taken so far is only British flights but it will probably be reviewed and other airlines may adopt.

I would also like to say that to be able to stop a threat this severe was a wonderful achievement by the police/c15 or whatever security personnel involved.

We are quick to criticize everything 'the government' does wrong and then when they do something right they do not get praised enough.

oceanMDX Aug 11th 2006 8:40 am

Originally Posted by iaink

What happened to Butch? I understand back in Blighty Butch saw a program on TV about Canada needing more jobs. He thought they said Canada wanted more Yobs, so he came over. ;)

Atlantic Xpat Aug 11th 2006 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lees147I would also like to say that to be able to stop a threat this severe was a wonderful achievement by the police/[b
c15[/b]
or whatever security personnel involved.

CI5???? The Professionals? Oh that our security really was being protected by Cowely, Bodie and Doyle in their Ford Capri's ;) The world would be a much safer place.