Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Security threats!!!

Security threats!!!

Old Aug 10th 2006, 10:30 am
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of
Default Security threats!!!

As of todays 'attempted bombings' will this have any affect on a brittish person becoming a PR in canada.

I am now starting to think that this might have a major influance on my application even though i am 'white brittish of no religion'.

Hope someone will be able to help.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security threats!!!

Originally Posted by Lees147
As of todays 'attempted bombings' will this have any affect on a brittish person becoming a PR in canada.

I am now starting to think that this might have a major influance on my application even though i am 'white brittish of no religion'.

Holy Cow when did this happen!!! as for it affecting your PR, i could be wrong but i believe IRPA was introduced after 9/11 for enhanced security, it did not affect applications last year after the tube attacks in London.

and lastly you dont have to be a brown muslim to commit an act of terror, The oklahoma bomber killed hundreds of people by blowing up a goverment building that coincidently houses a nursery. he was white as white could be.

I dont normally get a stick up my bum about much on here but i think thats a little rascist. If you think everyone who is a different colour or religion is going to blow you up, maybe Canada is not for you, because it is rich and made even more beatiful by its diversity, and trust me as a white guy with no religion your going to be a minority!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:12 am
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
I dont normally get a stick up my bum about much on here but i think thats a little rascist. If you think everyone who is a different colour or religion is going to blow you up, maybe Canada is not for you, because it is rich and made even more beatiful by its diversity, and trust me as a white guy with no religion your going to be a minority!
Don't get me wrong I am not being racist but in terms of security the terrorists have been 'british muslims' (This is fact not theory).

Which is why I ask the question because I am not a british muslim will I still be a security risk?, or will the fact that I am just Brittish condemn me?

I understand that this is a very touchy subject and I can assure you that I am not racist but this issue may have implications regarding not just my application but everyones. I am sorry if I did/have offend/ed people this isn't my intention

All i am asking is what will the implications be?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you were a Pakistani, Indian or like you may have problems at the moment.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I think if you were a Pakistani, Indian or like you may have problems at the moment.
That is the thing though is the terrorists have been 'brittish' and not indian or pakistani.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

That is the thing though is the terrorists have been 'brittish' and not indian or pakistani.

Sorry didnt mean to get on my moral high ground, I just have several Indian and pakistani freinds here and they really feel scrutinzied during these periods.

Once again I dont think it will have any bearing on your application, it did not affect immigration last year when they actually did it.

THis really is terrible, one day they wont get caught and we will see destructiuon back home like 9/11 very scary, too bad the PM cant keep his p*nis out of Bush's A-hole!!!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 12:03 pm
Banned

Ultimately it is one of lifes most trivial things:

So few people can spoil life for so many.

The fact that muslims get persicuted for sharing the same 'background' as the terrorists sickens me because there are around 4 million muslims in england and i'm positive most have settled and like the country/ways of the people here but they all get punished by what a minority of idiots have done.

Like school bullies/criminals there is no need for it as there are always other options.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

They are British pakistani and I think there will be discrimination in that area whether anyone likes it or not. The USA have tightened up with the British overall already and I think they probably will do moreso in the future.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ultimately it is one of lifes most trivial things:

So few people can spoil life for so many.

The fact that muslims get persicuted for sharing the same 'background' as the terrorists sickens me because there are around 4 million muslims in england and i'm positive most have settled and like the country/ways of the people here but they all get punished by what a minority of idiots have done.

Like school bullies/criminals there is no need for it as there are always other options.
The trouble is they don't know who the terrorists are as many don't have a criminal record. Al Quida picks people who are often well educated etc, there are loads of cells in the UK ready and waiting for the green light for them to go. Unfortunately if the terrorists come from the group of Pakistanis they will be under scruntiny, but also their communities do also protect them. If they are not happy being subject to police or the securities interest then they should also turn them in if they know who they are.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Apart form the shoe bomber, which convicted terrorists have been British?
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

I will not be looking forward to flying long distance flights back and forth to the UK - I accept that we cannot take gels/liquids on board but I always need my bottle of water- drink little and often on the flight to prevent dehydration and a little at a time means I don't have to use those disgusting bathrooms too much . Can we take our paperbacks etc to read- from the news this morning it seems as if only personal ID info/money/passports/sanitary items for women and children, not even our electronic car key device, would be allowed; OK I shall have to take a taxi to the airport. Why are they dealing with the symptoms yet do not seem to be able to get rid of the actual problem?. I can't imagine this would have a greater effect on anyone applying for permits.The countries we are all living in embrace all cultures- unlike the countries many of these immigrants actually come from. I never got over the mosque going up in a beautiful historical and architectural place in Regents Park when living in Saudi Arabia meant no churches because they were banned.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
Apart form the shoe bomber, which convicted terrorists have been British?
Of the 4 underground bombers 3 were british and 1 was jamaican.

Of the attempted underground bombers 4 were british.

and they have stated the the 'major players' today were british.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Of the 4 underground bombers 3 were british and 1 was jamaican.

Of the attempted underground bombers 4 were british.

and they have stated the the 'major players' today were british.
The phrase reported in the local paper was "home grown", they weren't necessarily British though I concede they likely were. It is true that, if the Canadian authorities took the comments of the British authorities at face value, they'd have good cause to look askance at potential immigrants from the UK but I don't imagine they will. Canada doesn't refuse immigrants from other countries with a history of terrorism, Iraq for example, so I wouldn't worry that it'll refuse immigrants from Britain no matter how badly our compatriots behave.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be supprised if Canada had behind the scenes made it much more difficult for Muslims (of whatever country) to immigrate to Canada...ie losing applications, denying them , holding them up , forcing them to provide tons and tons of paperwork etc
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:49 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ray1968
I would not be supprised if Canada had behind the scenes made it much more difficult for Muslims (of whatever country) to immigrate to Canada...ie losing applications, denying them , holding them up , forcing them to provide tons and tons of paperwork etc
I thought that happened to everyones application...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.