Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup

Rugby World Cup

Old Oct 14th 2007, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

peterb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rugby World Cup

Can anyone tell me where we can watch live coverage of the final in Calgary next Saturday?

We have seen the semi final in a few bars in Vancouver, but don't know which ones are carrying the final in Calgary.

Thanks

Peter
Old Oct 14th 2007, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Chivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rugby World Cup

You can watch it on the ITV.com website with a UK proxy. I have watched all my games via this medium and will watch the final as well.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Alro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant futureAlro has a brilliant future

But watching it at home on the internet is not the same as being in a bar! Are there any places showing it live in Calgary, or better still for me in Canmore?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:44 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chivers52
You can watch it on the ITV.com website with a UK proxy. I have watched all my games via this medium and will watch the final as well.
Can you advise, in layman's terms, the best way to do this. How do I set up a UK proxy? Looking after two small boys next weekend I think this is the best way to go about it.

Well one of them is nearly four, and is named Jonny for a very good reason!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:12 pm
jacquidur

jacquidur is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Rugby World Cup

Limericks on Macloud in Calgary will be showing the final.
$20 admission.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Chivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant future

Too true, atmosphere is more than worth it, sry mate wrong end of the stick. Back to proxies go to http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-17.htm and find the UK then enter proxy address as follows >tools>internet options>connections>lan settings>proxy server then away you go. You may have to try a few before you get one that works though, don't give up there's always one.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

I just tried all the proxies and although I could get to the ITV site I couldn't get the video to work. It either spotted that I was not in the UK or it came up with a pop-up (getlicence.itv.com) that did not display properly and therefore I could not proceed. I also failed to get live audio from the BBC site via any of the proxies
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:16 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Solarfish
I just tried all the proxies and although I could get to the ITV site I couldn't get the video to work. It either spotted that I was not in the UK or it came up with a pop-up (getlicence.itv.com) that did not display properly and therefore I could not proceed. I also failed to get live audio from the BBC site via any of the proxies
Same here. I have been trying to watch the Puma loose, but can't get anything to work. Surely I must be able to get at least radio some how? Any suggestions?

Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

I've just used this proxy and it went through no problem can't work out why they didn't work, unable to guarantee it's still open though.

81.140.160.26:3128

Try not to use the Codeen proxies, they let you surf but do not work when trying to access any of the terrestial TV sites.

Last edited by Chivers52; Oct 15th 2007 at 12:29 am.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

I can't even get to the internet with that proxy, nothing resolves with it.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:24 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, don't worry. Ingurland have done very well to get this far. They'll be thrashed next weekend. You don't want to watch that.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm going to watch it at Limericks in Calgary. As for being thrashed, you may well be right, but I was pleased that we even got through our group, everything since then has been a real bonus. It is an interesting contrast between this final and the last one when we were hot favourites for the entire year leading up to the world cup. This time England are certainly the underdogs, but then they have been in their last two games!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarfish;
I'm going to watch it at Limericks in Calgary. As for being thrashed, you may well be right, but I was pleased that we even got through our group, everything since then has been a real bonus. It is an interesting contrast between this final and the last one when we were hot favourites for the entire year leading up to the world cup. This time England are certainly the underdogs, but then they have been in their last two games!
Yup. I am very pleased that the bandwagon has been moving slowly enough for me to climb aboard for the last two games. As to my prognosis, I belong to the reverse hexing school of thought.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I just got off the phone with the guys I visited in Jo'burg a few weeks back. Next Monday is either going to be very good or very bad...........
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

BritInAB is an unknown quantity at this point

Try sopcast.org (or search for SOPCAST). Download the web client. You can get online streaming for most popular sports (great for seeing the Champions League when at work!). Once you have downloaded the client you need to run the ActiveX control, but the pop-up blocker comes up over the option too quickly - either allow popups or else catch it quickly. You don't always have the stream or you might need to find a channel with a good bandwidth. The picture quality is tolerable, but when there is no other option it's great to have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.