Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Refund for those in the backlog

Refund for those in the backlog

Old Mar 29th 2012, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice
Default Refund for those in the backlog

So I was just watching the budget and it looks like the 300,000+ in the backlog at cic will be offered their money back
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refund for those in the backlog

It would have been helpful to give a link, but hey, google is my friend

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...839/story.html

NOT good news for those pre 2008'ers that were still hoping to be processed.

OTTAWA — The federal government will refund up to $130 million to federal skilled workers who applied to come to Canada before 2008 in a bid to get rid of a backlog of about 300,000 applications through legislation.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 29th 2012 at 10:09 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:14 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

and also the ones that will be refunded, no choice it seems and now dont have the option to apply as rules have changed since their initial application, whilst good for people still ualifying in the queue they say 6-12 mths will be processed it sure sucks for all those waiting already for 4 years

Not sure to be honest best option to deal with the backlog situation, they should have adequately provided resources to meet the applications, but then again, like has been said on here a lot no one has a "right" to emigrate to Canada as such, the biggest issue I have is the constant changing of the goals posts, but again, is this Canada's right?
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
It would have been helpful to give a link, but hey, google is my friend

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...839/story.html

NOT good news for those pre 2008'ers that were still hoping to be processed.

OTTAWA — The federal government will refund up to $130 million to federal skilled workers who applied to come to Canada before 2008 in a bid to get rid of a backlog of about 300,000 applications through legislation.
That does seem a little unfair! Surely the later applicants should be refunded first; not those who have probably put their lives on hold for the past 4 years.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't they spend the $130M on a special unit to just blast through all the backlogged applicants? The whole thing is really unfair, the wait, being put to the bottom of the pile, then just feebly getting a refund.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:40 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

That is absolutely terrible news

So let me get this straight, they are across the board just going to give pre 2008'ers their money back - saying thanks but no thanks, please try again later if you can

Wow - like Amy said it is no-ones right to emmigrate, however the psycological strain on the majority of these applicants, now finalised with the "awwww you fell at the last hurdle just because we said so" is tantamount to cruelty.

Boo CIC
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:42 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
So I was just watching the budget and it looks like the 300,000+ in the backlog at cic will be offered their money back
Are they being offered their money back or being forced to drop out of applying for visas whether they like it or not? i.e can they stay in the queue if they choose to?
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:43 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

So let me get this straight, they are across the board just going to give pre 2008'ers their money back - saying thanks but no thanks, please try again later if you can

Wow - like Amy said it is no-ones right to emmigrate, however the psycological strain on the majority of these applicants, now finalised with the "awwww you fell at the last hurdle just because we said so" is tantamount to cruelty.

Boo CIC
has amy been reinvented
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:45 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Boo CIC
When did I say this? I sound intelligent but I forget when I said that..lol
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

This make me feel physically sick, for all those in the firing line.

And then I feel worse because we are jumping the queue.

I don't know if i'd want to re-apply to a country that treated me this way, but feel like a bit of a scab at a picket line for sitting here waiting for my PR to be processed.

I suppose it's every man woman and child for themselves these days, sorry :-(
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:58 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
has amy been reinvented
Originally Posted by AmyDavid
When did I say this? I sound intelligent but I forget when I said that..lol
You all look the same over there out East

(apologies ladies x)
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:00 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I've just read the Vancouver Sun article. It looks like they'll all just be told to start again if they still want to apply. I think this is incredibly unfair! I know immigration isn't a right, but at the same time to mess about with people's lives like this is shocking!

Whoever you all are, I feel for you.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:01 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

(apologies ladies x)
It's the fog...
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:02 pm

(apologies ladies x)
we will let you off this time moo for your out east comment
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

This is typical Canadian Government poorly run and managed and stuff the hopes and dreams of those who have put their lives on hold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.