Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recce trip dilema

Recce trip dilema

Old May 3rd 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recce trip dilema

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
if you use zoom from london and the 20% code doesnt it work out a bit cheaper??
Also we used yes car hire for our 2 week rental and paid under 400 quid and that was with full tank etc

Also we always take our own kids seats, cheaper than renting theres, just an idea?

gill
Thanks so much for all your advice guys.

We are all booked up now it cost 2100 pounds in the end. (Sorry no pound sign on this spannish keyboard.) Thanks to my very kind granny who has paid for it all and even thrown in 500 pound spending money.

Wasn´t that nice of her.

Anyway we will be getting there Thursday the 5th of June leaving Thursday the 12th.

So if anyone wants to meet up that weekend just let me know where and when.

Oh we are staying at Lethbridge Lodge anybody know what I should expect is it OK?

I so can´t wait not long now.

Thanks again guys for the recomendations.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:08 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Good luck on the recci, cant help with the lodge as we stayed on the farm, but gay or ali might be-able to help...its a bit early there at moment.

Keep us updated, we wont be there by then, dont think i can turn this round that quick in the uk, i wish i could

Anway good luck and enjoy

gill
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Good luck on the recci, cant help with the lodge as we stayed on the farm, but gay or ali might be-able to help...its a bit early there at moment.

Keep us updated, we wont be there by then, dont think i can turn this round that quick in the uk, i wish i could

Anway good luck and enjoy

gill
Thanks Gill

Good Luck with the house sale by the way, I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old May 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

thanks for that, we have 2 wanting the house now we have lowered the price, but they need to sell theres :curse:

We will be there later, so if you need anything just yell
Good luck

Gill
Old May 4th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allicat001
Thanks so much for all your advice guys.

We are all booked up now it cost 2100 pounds in the end. (Sorry no pound sign on this spannish keyboard.) Thanks to my very kind granny who has paid for it all and even thrown in 500 pound spending money.

Wasn´t that nice of her.

Anyway we will be getting there Thursday the 5th of June leaving Thursday the 12th.

So if anyone wants to meet up that weekend just let me know where and when.

Oh we are staying at Lethbridge Lodge anybody know what I should expect is it OK?

I so can´t wait not long now.

Thanks again guys for the recomendations.
Hi Ali

The LEthbridge Lodge is a really nice hotel - bet you couldnt get in at the other hotels as it is Lethbridge Soccer Tournament that weekend you arrive and I know a couple of the hotels are already booke up and have been for a couple of months too.

If you need anything let us know via a PM or anything and we will all try and help you out

gaynor
x
Old May 4th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Ali

The LEthbridge Lodge is a really nice hotel - bet you couldnt get in at the other hotels as it is Lethbridge Soccer Tournament that weekend you arrive and I know a couple of the hotels are already booke up and have been for a couple of months too.

If you need anything let us know via a PM or anything and we will all try and help you out

gaynor
x
Thanks Gaynor I wondered why so many of the hotels were all booked for that weekend.

I guess we were lucky to get a room as now when I look there is nothing left any where.

That was close.
Old May 4th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

if you use zoom from london and the 20% code doesnt it work out a bit cheaper??
Also we used yes car hire for our 2 week rental and paid under 400 quid and that was with full tank etc

Also we always take our own kids seats, cheaper than renting theres, just an idea?

gill
It may be too late for your flight but don't forget Money Saving Expert has a flight checker on its website - you just input your dates and airport and it searches all airlines for the lowest prices

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/
Old May 4th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TownieGirl
It may be too late for your flight but don't forget Money Saving Expert has a flight checker on its website - you just input your dates and airport and it searches all airlines for the lowest prices

Thanks for that but we are all booked now so thats one less stress, just organising all the people we have to see and things we want to check out whilst we are there.

So thanks again everyone for all your tips.
Old May 4th 2008, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by TownieGirl

We tried that, but as zoom dont fly manchester to calgary anymore nothing comes back for this year or next

Gill