Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recce trip dilema

Recce trip dilema

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future
Default Recce trip dilema

Hi guys

Just sorting out my recce trip to Lethbridge Alberta and OMG how much?

I live in Spain so I have to get good old Ryan air to London from Murcia 365.84 then flights to calgary courtesy of Canadian Affair 859 car rental with child seat 186.85 very cheap hotel 267.68 all adds up to a grand total of 1679.37. Shock factor Priceless!

Prices in pounds by the way.

Can't believe the cost any ideas or tips on how to bring the cost down as I have run out of websites to check.

Thanks in advance guys
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:46 am
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Recce trip dilema

Air Canada fly from Madrid via Frankfurt &/or Toronto from £644 per adult - how does that compare (obviously you have to get to Madrid from Murcia...)
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:47 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allicat001
Hi guys

I live in Spain so I have to get good old Ryan air to London from Murcia 365.84 then flights to calgary courtesy of Canadian Affair 859 car rental with child seat 186.85 very cheap hotel 267.68 all adds up to a grand total of 1679.37. Shock factor Priceless!

Can't believe the cost any ideas or tips on how to bring the cost down as I have run out of websites to check.

Thanks in advance guys
You don't say if this is each person or for a family.
  • Travel in low season
  • Come by boat (freighter) Takes a while though.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Air Canada fly from Madrid via Frankfurt &/or Toronto from £644 per adult - how does that compare (obviously you have to get to Madrid from Murcia...)
sorry the prices are for 2 adults and one 2 year old including tax etc
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

just had a look at that it's 3 times the price with 3 stops as oppsed to 1 stop in london
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

sorry the prices are for 2 adults and one 2 year old including tax etc
How long are you going for? I guess about 2 weeks. Honestly, for a 2 week trip, half way around the world, it doesn't really wound all that bad.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:09 am
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

just had a look at that it's 3 times the price with 3 stops as oppsed to 1 stop in london
I didn't know how many tickets you needed - sorry.
We recced recently and it cost around £1200 in airfares, £200 for a car, hotel was kindly paid for by hiring company. (We left ruggies with Granny - cheating, but we just had too much to cram in.) You probably won't get much better than your current quote then.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

I didn't know how many tickets you needed - sorry.
We recced recently and it cost around £1200 in airfares, £200 for a car, hotel was kindly paid for by hiring company. (We left ruggies with Granny - cheating, but we just had too much to cram in.) You probably won't get much better than your current quote then.
Thanks for that guys!

Thought maybe I was missing something but by your responses sounds about right.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ali

Make sure that you make contact with the "Lethbridge Ladies" before you arrive and maybe we can meet up for coffee - or as last weekend was a few scoops of JD/beer.

When you coming?

Gaynor
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:29 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Recce trip dilema

Hi Ali. Defo let us know when your heading this way.Hopefully we wont have any snow by the time you get here(not that im sick of the snow or anything,much).

I think next BE meet will involve a keg of JD going by the amount Mr Burton Bunch and Mr Minihaha put away.

See you in sunny Lethbridge soon Ali.

From another Ali x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minihaha
Hi Ali. Defo let us know when your heading this way.Hopefully we wont have any snow by the time you get here(not that im sick of the snow or anything,much).

I think next BE meet will involve a keg of JD going by the amount Mr Burton Bunch and Mr Minihaha put away.

From another Ali x

Our "boys" are going to kill us if they know that we are telling the whole of BE how drunk they were

But - well worth it just to see mr "i cant focus anymore and the cat needs a cuddle" and "mr motor mouth"

Gaynor
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:10 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

It was long over due Gay. Lets get them BBQ's fired up next time, if the guys are in charge of them maybe the JD will last a bit longer eh.

lol dont forget we are off to the Wrinkle Wranch soon, I wont let you forget you said you'd go

x mrs minihaha x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minihaha

From another Ali x
Will do guys it looks like it´s gonna be in Jun as that is the cheapest flights I could get. Hopefully it will be nice weather then.

Obviously it depends on being able to tie in OH job interviews etc.

I can´t wait though I´m like a big kid all excited.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Hi guys

Thanks in advance guys
If it's any consolation we are travelling to NS from France via UK , 2 weeks with 2 kids & car hire, accomodation, ferries to UK, overnight hotel at Gatwick = £2500!!!!!
It's a huge amount of money for us but we're looking at it as a long term investment in our future. And if NS isn't for us we'll make sure we have a great time whilst we're there and make it an experience to remember
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:29 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi guys

Thanks in advance guys
if you use zoom from london and the 20% code doesnt it work out a bit cheaper??
Also we used yes car hire for our 2 week rental and paid under 400 quid and that was with full tank etc

Also we always take our own kids seats, cheaper than renting theres, just an idea?

gill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.