Photos

Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Photos

Having just seen the picture of the lovely dog in the snow, (about how dogs cope in the cold?) i wonder if anyone would mind posting some really nice pics of canada on here...anything will do, even a pic of your house....!! but i love the blue sky, baldy trees and snow pics, they really lift me
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:12 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your wish is my command....

Sun and Snow!
Attached Thumbnails Photos-img_1889-medium-.jpg   Photos-img_2166-medium-.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Andersson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your wish is my command....

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Sun and Snow!
Hi everyone, is it common to get that much snow in many parts of Canada? I used to live in Sweden but from what i've heard the Canadian winter is a world apart from the milder European winters.....

The norm in stockholm was a couple of degrees below, with several inches. Often not exceeding a foot. But checking current temperatures, and weather 'normals' it seems many places in Canada are quite 'extreme' in comparison.

More pictures from all 4 seasons would be welcome

Cheers.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:07 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Its a big country. So it varies hugely from place to place. Here in St. John's we've had around 1.3m so far this winter and most of that came in three storms.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:23 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

newer misc pic gallery

http://photobucket.com/albums/d184/iaink/

older misc pic gallery (no more room) 3 pages

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=16059

Last edited by iaink; Feb 21st 2006 at 2:25 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Thanks!!
hmm i meant blue skies and snow on same pic?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future

Some pictures from the last year for you
1 - Feb 2005 Aurora Ontario -20C and lots of snow
2 - April 2005 same location - late snowstorm
3 - May 2005 in cottage country - warm enough to swim
4 - July 2005 40kms north of Toronto - thats a submerged dog!
5 - October 2005 - Beautiful Fall in Aurora

We have certainly experienced all the seasons in the last year and if you set your mind to it you will thoroughly enjoy each one!
Gordon

Originally Posted by Andersson
Hi everyone, is it common to get that much snow in many parts of Canada? I used to live in Sweden but from what i've heard the Canadian winter is a world apart from the milder European winters.....

The norm in stockholm was a couple of degrees below, with several inches. Often not exceeding a foot. But checking current temperatures, and weather 'normals' it seems many places in Canada are quite 'extreme' in comparison.

More pictures from all 4 seasons would be welcome

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Photos-dscn0017.jpg   Photos-dscn0276.jpg   Photos-dscn0513.jpg   Photos-dscn0783.jpg   Photos-dscn1037.jpg  

Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
newer misc pic gallery

http://photobucket.com/albums/d184/iaink/

older misc pic gallery (no more room) 3 pages

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=16059

Great pictures, where is that you live? I especially like the picture of your home with plumes of smoke coming out of the chimney. I could quite easily imagine myself living in the countryside, roaring open fire, deep cold outside, while being surrounded by forest. I shouldn't have moved back to the U.K!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fab Pics Everyone...thanks Very Much..love It!!!! Really Lifts My Spirits...
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skigordi
Some pictures from the last year for you
1 - Feb 2005 Aurora Ontario -20C and lots of snow
2 - April 2005 same location - late snowstorm
3 - May 2005 in cottage country - warm enough to swim
4 - July 2005 40kms north of Toronto - thats a submerged dog!
5 - October 2005 - Beautiful Fall in Aurora

We have certainly experienced all the seasons in the last year and if you set your mind to it you will thoroughly enjoy each one!
Gordon
The landscape looks magical, thanks for sharing those.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures, where is that you live? I especially like the picture of your home with plumes of smoke coming out of the chimney. I could quite easily imagine myself living in the countryside, roaring open fire, deep cold outside, while being surrounded by forest. I shouldn't have moved back to the U.K!
Quinte, East of Toronto.

Thats not smoke, its steam from the furnace :scared: CCcold morning!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by Patsy
Thanks!!
hmm i meant blue skies and snow on same pic?

Oh some people are so hard to please. Here you go!

(Second pic is Cape Spear. Most Easterly point in North America!)
Attached Thumbnails Photos-img_0001-medium-.jpg   Photos-img_0014-medium-.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Quinte, East of Toronto.

Thats not smoke, its steam from the furnace :scared: CCcold morning!
It must have ben cold! This winter excluded ( i hear it's been exceptionally mild by Canadian standards) does it often get that cold? (-20 and below)

I imagine it's extemely humid in the summer? I was in Boston last year. Is it similiar to that?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:45 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

It must have ben cold! This winter excluded ( i hear it's been exceptionally mild by Canadian standards) does it often get that cold? (-20 and below)
Every year
I imagine it's extemely humid in the summer? I was in Boston last year. Is it similiar to that?
Dont know, Ive never been to Boston. AC is certainly a necessity for comfort in the long term. I dont know how the pioneers settled the place, they must have landed in the fall and decided it looked nice. Any other time of year and they would have turned around and gone back to Blighty
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Every year
Dont know, Ive never been to Boston. AC is certainly a necessity for comfort in the long term. I dont know how the pioneers settled the place, they must have landed in the fall and decided it looked nice. Any other time of year and they would have turned around and gone back to Blighty
Quite possibly. To be honest Canada has always been a place i've been facinated with. I don't know why, i've never actually been. I'm thinking of visiting in the Summer. If i like it enough, i may even consider moving one day. I've been all over the states for one reason or another, but unfortunately i've never been to Canada and to be honest, New York aside, it's the only place in North America i've ever really wanted to visit. It's just i've never had an excuse to go . Perhaps, i'll suddenly develop a love for skiing, or some other winter sport and demand that the other half comes with me. "It's always been my dream to ski whistler" i'll say. Or, i could use the excuse that i'm bored with fishing Ireland .

Is it a move you've never regretted? I like the N.American way of life anyway, mostly, not all of it but the good probably outways the bad. Perhaps it's a good place to bring up a family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.