Photos

Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:03 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Originally Posted by Andersson
New York aside, it's the only place in North America i've ever really wanted to visit.
You should try the golden circle too, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, that's pretty cool!

"It's always been my dream to ski whistler" i'll say.
Thats a looooong way from here!

Is it a move you've never regretted? I like the N.American way of life anyway, mostly, not all of it but the good probably outways the bad. Perhaps it's a good place to bring up a family.
Not really regretted it, only the lack of family and vacation time is a downside, although sometimes the lack of family is a plus.

Seems a good place to raise kids to me, but I didnt have kids in the UK so have nothing to compare to but my gut feeling is that the UK is not terribly kid friendly, and is too expensive for what you get.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:52 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy
Having just seen the picture of the lovely dog in the snow, (about how dogs cope in the cold?) i wonder if anyone would mind posting some really nice pics of canada on here...anything will do, even a pic of your house....!! but i love the blue sky, baldy trees and snow pics, they really lift me
How about a shot of downtown Calgary.

More pictures of Clagary here: http://www.pbase.com/hangman/calgary just click on the thumbnails to see the larger images.
All the galleries here: http://www.pbase.com/hangman/

Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:07 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy
Having just seen the picture of the lovely dog in the snow, (about how dogs cope in the cold?) i wonder if anyone would mind posting some really nice pics of canada on here...anything will do, even a pic of your house....!! but i love the blue sky, baldy trees and snow pics, they really lift me
[IMG]Red Deer River 2006[/IMG] [IMG]First snow 2005[/IMG]

Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

How about a photo and a challenge- how many squirrels are in this picture?

and curiously if the grey squirrel immigrants in the UK are responsible for the red squirrels demise how come red, grey and black all live together in Canada??
Attached Thumbnails Photos-mog-082.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:38 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

An evening picture of our driveway and one of the barns.

Our hay fields.

The wolves who have been trying to eat my big black Shepherd Dog; in the field next to our house.

Returning from a trail ride.

On a trail ride.

Enjoying summer.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I love looking at everyone's photos of where they are in Canada

All I can do is post some of our holiday piccies. May dig some out.

Tia - It looks lovely where you live. Love that photo of your drive and the moon above the tree.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
The wolves who have been trying to eat my big black Shepherd Dog; in the field next to our house.
Nice pictures Tia. Hell, those really are wolves arent they! Gonna have to keep an eye out for long faced grandmas around here!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:08 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some more pictures of our summer last year....

Summer in Newfoundland.....
Attached Thumbnails Photos-test2005_0816_145040-medium-.jpg   Photos-img_1802-medium-.jpg   Photos-img_1885-medium-.jpg   Photos-img_2050-medium-.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some of our holiday piccies from last year.

Crafty making snow angels

Lake Minnewanka. Someone had made a snowman on the frozen lake. During our drive around we didn't see another soul there.

Crafty and kids at Banff.
Attached Thumbnails Photos-banff-snow-angel-march-2005.jpg   Photos-lake-minnewanka-march-2005.jpg   Photos-jasper-march-2005.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

edgey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Your wish is my command....

I Have attached a picture of our back yard during our first Canadian Winter in Winnipeg. It wasn't too bad, no -40's this year and plenty of sunny day's. I didn't even resort to wearing long john's !!
Attached Thumbnails Photos-3.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Paul-F is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Photos

Hello All,

Excellent pics!

New to the site and forums. Lively bunch - love it. I hope to meet some great people and chat about Canada.

For the time being, here is a link for beautiful Canada photos (example attached...beach-at-dusk):

The Photo Site of the Relocation-Canada.com Media Experience, can be found Here .

By all means, Everyone (especially fellow canadians) please contribute your own photos... Register at Relocation-Canada.com and at their Media Experience for Free, and Submit Your Own Photos to Share them with the World.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Warm Regards,

Paul-F
Attached Images  

Last edited by Paul-F; Feb 21st 2006 at 7:18 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This is Manitoulin Island which is the largest island in freshwater and contains the largest lake within an island within freshwater as well as the largest island in a lake in an island in freshwater or something like that.
Attached Thumbnails Photos-114_1500.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
This is Manitoulin Island which is the largest island in freshwater and contains the largest lake within an island within freshwater as well as the largest island in a lake in an island in freshwater or something like that.
You mean it's like those Russian nesting dolls "Matryoshka"?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
You mean it's like those Russian nesting dolls "Matryoshka"?
Something of the sort. It's nice up there. Almost no people, this was the view from our campsite
Attached Thumbnails Photos-115_1512.jpg   Photos-115_1519.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
Something of the sort. It's nice up there. Almost no people, this was the view from our campsite
Mmmm, I really like the sunset/sunrise one.

Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.