Reload this Page >

Is it pathetic.....

Is it pathetic.....

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

mrwilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it pathetic.....

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
We used to listen to Fredericton Capital radio on the internet, and sit and watch the webcams to see the weather so no you are not pathetic
That's pretty freaky, I do that too!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 8:47 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Glad to see it's not just me; checking the weaqther, watching the news, travelling the streets of GTA on Google StreetMap, looking at houses on MLS.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 11:40 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

me too! i make my own calendars and everything is on there in highlights, pics, doodles etc
AND GUESS WHAT? we just received an email telling us that we must send a copy of our application to London! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!
sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to say that you are perfectly normal and your excitement is great!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spankysparkle
me too! i make my own calendars and everything is on there in highlights, pics, doodles etc
AND GUESS WHAT? we just received an email telling us that we must send a copy of our application to London! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!
sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to say that you are perfectly normal and your excitement is great!
Hi SS, I thought Sydney sent the application on to London Why do you need to send a copy?

And back on thread, I too spend hours on the internet every night looking at anything Canada, MLS, Wiki, weather, etc. I even look for Canada apps for my iphone!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

And sometimes, like today, stay on this site all day, instead of working,
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:23 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi SS, I thought Sydney sent the application on to London Why do you need to send a copy?

And back on thread, I too spend hours on the internet every night looking at anything Canada, MLS, Wiki, weather, etc. I even look for Canada apps for my iphone!
the email states:
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application is being recommended to the visa office for a final determination of eligibility for processin...

You are therefore requested to submit a complete application to the following visa office:
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

perhaps they have changed the way they do it
it does mean i have to pay another huge courier bill to get it to london from frankfurt
oh well, but at least now we know where we stand! woo-hoo!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

the email states:
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application is being recommended to the visa office for a final determination of eligibility for processin...

You are therefore requested to submit a complete application to the following visa office:
Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

perhaps they have changed the way they do it
it does mean i have to pay another huge courier bill to get it to london from frankfurt
oh well, but at least now we know where we stand! woo-hoo!
Hi SS, When did you send your application to Sydney as we're getting impatient for our email? Just wondered if they're getting close to looking at ours.

Hi tracys, you have to send a copy of your application to London. There are a few threads on here where people say to photocopy your original application so you don't have to fill it all out again.

I spend hours on google earth. I know my preferred area from an aerial view, it'll be nice to see it on the ground.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:07 pm
happy daisy

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi SS, When did you send your application to Sydney as we're getting impatient for our email? Just wondered if they're getting close to looking at ours.
our app was received in Sydney on 30 Nov.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Oh wow, that means that we're only a week behind, which is pretty much what we were expecting. I can only imagine how happy you are. Watch out for my 'Yippee' email next week
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=beckybev;8308862]Hi SS, When did you send your application to Sydney as we're getting impatient for our email? Just wondered if they're getting close to looking at ours.

Hi tracys, you have to send a copy of your application to London. There are a few threads on here where people say to photocopy your original application so you don't have to fill it all out again.

It looks like only need copy for records and to save filling out again. We don't have to worry about filling out again as docs on PC, that's a relief!

I spend hours on google earth. I know my preferred area from an aerial view, it'll be nice to see it on the ground
Me too, although i have seen it in the flesh too!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

We know pretty much where we're going and we're doing a reccie trip this summer just to make sure it's as nice in the flesh as it is from the air

Whereabouts in NS are you headed? Do you have jobs? Sorry for all the questions but I love to hear other peoples' stories. It's nice to know that others have the same dream as I do.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I spend hours on google earth. I know my preferred area from an aerial view, it'll be nice to see it on the ground.
We know pretty much where we're going and we're doing a reccie trip this summer just to make sure it's as nice in the flesh as it is from the air

Whereabouts in NS are you headed? Do you have jobs? Sorry for all the questions but I love to hear other peoples' stories. It's nice to know that others have the same dream as I do.
Heading for Fall River/Waverley, saw some lovely houses on our recce in 2008 and really liked the areas, short commute to Halifax and airport too.

Haven't got jobs yet but I've just got my NVQ3 in childcare and apparently there is a shortage of early childcare workers in NS so think I should get something quite quickly

OH in IT, was chief technology officer at his last company and is project managing at his current one. He's just passed his MBA so hoping that will open some doors for him.

If we get PR we are just going to sell up and take our chances. We have quite a bit of equity in our house, although we won't be mortgage free and our daughter is getting to that difficult age with her education, so want to go asap really!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

our app was received in Sydney on 30 Nov.
Ours was received on the same day as yours!!! We've had no email as yet..booo
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:05 am
happy daisy

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Ours was received on the same day as yours!!! We've had no email as yet..booo
don't worry yet, give it a few days. it gets there soon
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:28 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Now you listen to radio 1 courtesy of Sirrus satellite radio
Nope we dont listen to any UK Radio