Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it pathetic.....

Is it pathetic.....

Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:12 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Is it pathetic.....

To have your recce trip highlighted on a planner on your fridge and to cross off the days until then? Please tell me I am not the only sad one on here doing that
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:36 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it pathetic.....

No it isn't - I remember actively searching for anything remotely Canadian online when there was nothing constructive I could do.

You are normal and excited
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

mrwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
No it isn't - I remember actively searching for anything remotely Canadian online when there was nothing constructive I could do.
lol, me too
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:55 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mrwilson
lol, me too
That makes three of us then (in addition to crossing off dates on my planner lol!).
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engineer80
To have your recce trip highlighted on a planner on your fridge and to cross off the days until then? Please tell me I am not the only sad one on here doing that
You're not pathetic and thanks for sharing. We have all done silly little things to help us cope with the surge of excitement. The prospect of moving to a new life can be most daunting. When it all got too much I'd ring up my nan and we'd go for a nice walk to the shops.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:01 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by Oink
You're not pathetic and thanks for sharing. We have all done silly little things to help us cope with the surge of excitement. The prospect of moving to a new life can be most daunting. When it all got too much I'd ring up my nan and we'd go for a nice walk to the shops.
Thanks for understanding It definitely is one of the most exciting decisions we have ever made. OH came home in a horrible mood the other day and to cheer him up I let him cross off the date for that day on the planner since I hadn't done it yet. It made his day
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

skier is on a distinguished road

Definitely not!

We did the same... or maybe you are, and we are too!

M & B

P.S. Hope you enjoy it
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

trumptons will become famous soon enough

Seems like perfectly rational behaviour in my book! In addition I have written 1-67 in my diary from date application was recieved at Sydney-Working on current processing times-upto 18th March - I circled the date

It certainly alters your mindset this application malarky!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

to watch this every night..cos you miss canada sooo much?
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/TV_Shows/Local_News

They're coming to take me away..ha ha.......
lins
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:16 am
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the same thing and when i sent off for our nominations etc i had estimated dates highlighted on my calenda i drove myself mad checking my emails
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:35 am
Done!

Originally Posted by athena88
We did the same thing and when i sent off for our nominations etc i had estimated dates highlighted on my calenda i drove myself mad checking my emails
That would definitely be the ultimate form of self torture!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by trumptons
Seems like perfectly rational behaviour in my book! In addition I have written 1-67 in my diary from date application was recieved at Sydney-Working on current processing times-upto 18th March - I circled the date

It certainly alters your mindset this application malarky!
Yep, circled the date (67th day) in my diary, I'm so glad it's not just me.

We had our first stressful moment in our bid to move. We got a call from the bank on Wednesday to say that OH's card had been copied fraudulently and was at risk. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but it's the card we gave to the CIO to take the fees. We rang our consultant immediately and he emailed us a new form, which we signed and he faxed over to the CIO. Luckily, it looks like OH's card hasn't been used, which is a relief as our Canada fund is in there!!!!

I knew the process would be stressful but this was an added stress that I hadn't even imagined.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:40 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

We used to listen to Fredericton Capital radio on the internet, and sit and watch the webcams to see the weather so no you are not pathetic
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
We used to listen to Fredericton Capital radio on the internet, and sit and watch the webcams to see the weather so no you are not pathetic
Now you listen to radio 1 courtesy of Sirrus satellite radio
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:32 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Now you listen to radio 1 courtesy of Sirrus satellite radio
lol that is so true!!!! I listened to Edmontons rock station The Bear when I was in the UK via tinternet - now every so often (though not for a couple of months admittedly) I listen to Chris Moyles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.