Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Parrot to Canada

Parrot to Canada

Old Mar 21st 2012, 12:57 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parrot to Canada

Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and you'd have been right. At least choose a properly irrational number.

e is always a handy standby in such circumstances.
Eight pounds in kilowotsits, innit. A reference to how, although everything here is metric, nothing is.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I sort of enjoyed that, so thank you, but what in the name of Parrot is the relevance?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:05 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of enjoyed that, so thank you, but what in the name of Parrot is the relevance?
The guy behind the curtain was Freddie "parrotface" Davies, could not find any video of him doing his budgie jokes.

Last edited by kimilseung; Mar 21st 2012 at 1:07 am.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:10 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Eight pounds in kilowotsits, innit. A reference to how, although everything here is metric, nothing is.
Aha. This is something I alluded to earlier and is based on the concept of wave- particle duality. A thing can be metric and imperial at the same time, it's just a matter of having a flexible view of perceived reality.

For example, the OP's reality is one that prevents her from emigrating to Canada (except as per your original suggestion on the QE2), without subjecting her parrot to cruel and unusual punishment. Everyone else's reality is the she's, err, wrong-headed?

It's all quantum physics at the end.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:11 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The guy behind the curtain was Freddie "parrotface" Davies, could not find any video of him doing his budgie jokes.
I see. My bad. But I'm not a great fan of such things. I'll try do do better.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Aha. This is something I alluded to earlier and is based on the concept of wave- particle duality. A thing can be metric and imperial at the same time, it's just a matter of having a flexible view of perceived reality.

For example, the OP's reality is one that prevents her from emigrating to Canada (except as per your original suggestion on the QE2), without subjecting her parrot to cruel and unusual punishment. Everyone else's reality is the she's, err, wrong-headed?

It's all quantum physics at the end.
It has emerged, perhaps coincidentally to this thread, that the neighbour here keeps a parrot. I wonder if all this concentration on parrots of late caused it to like, molecularly compose, on their daughter's shoulder. I hadn't heard a squawk before.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:48 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dbd33
It has emerged, perhaps coincidentally to this thread, that the neighbour here keeps a parrot. I wonder if all this concentration on parrots of late caused it to like, molecularly compose, on their daughter's shoulder. I hadn't heard a squawk before.
Apologies for the hiatus, doggy time again. It was a perfect example of duality. As always, I turned to the right on exiting the driveway. Geordie, inexplicably decided to turn left and follow a couple of passing pedestrians (who weren't at all pleased at being followed by a sniffing unleashed dog).

As a student of alternative realities, I whistled in the dark, and eventually broke into the dog's foggy consciousness.

All's well that ends well, but I was forced to speculate on many deep matters, such as parrots.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:46 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If the parrot escaped his cage, at 36000 feet, traveling at 500mph, could he have flown fast enough not to have been squashed into the back end?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:07 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I wonder if the OP has even asked the parrot if it wants to emigrate.
Does it matter - surely they are emigrating "for the parrot'??
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My cat threatened to take his own life if we didnt bring him to Australia with us, seriously wanted to slit his own paws and did so.

However, with your parrot, I would recommend having him killed, stuffed and moved by animatronics, that way he will live on in your heart forever, he will never die because he is already dead and you wont have to worry about him going in the hold of the plane as you can pop him in your hand luggage.

Honestly, stuffed is the way to go - my cat is now stuffed, I allowed him to slit his own paws - you are right about animal depression, Gordon got so depressed he slit his paws with the lid of a Whiskas can, so we got him stuffed and he now takes pride of place on the mantlepiece along with our stuffed dog from London.

Stuffing is the only option and I hear parrots stuff rather well.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I wonder if the OP has even asked the parrot if it wants to emigrate.
yeah, its got rights you know - Its your dream, not its
Old Mar 21st 2012, 10:41 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Unlucky Alf and his parrot sketch... classic

Old Mar 21st 2012, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Unlucky Alf and his parrot sketch... classic

Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, ....... there is such a thing as taking a joke a little too far

It was funny at the beginning but OP did start this thread with a question and as the "helpful" stuff is no longer forthcoming I'm going to close the thread.