Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Parrot to Canada

Parrot to Canada

Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:44 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parrot to Canada

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ah, rocket science! There's another thought. Is it plane? Is it a shooting star? No, it's a parrot.
Halley's macaw-met?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:57 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bomber2908
People here are so inconsiderate. I thought this place was here for people to seek help to receive such ridiculous answers. I am honestly upset and yes guess what you can take animals into the cabin so I hope one of you gets onto one of them flights. I have been on so many flights with stinking and screaming babies and children and would have preferred to fly without them on-board, too! To the people that are leaving their pets behind do not give a sod about them , unless of course your pet does not love you then well done! A pet that loves you and is left behind often suffers from depression and may even die so have living with that!
If you love your parrot so much, ask him how to get there, I presume he can speak for himself!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:00 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

A man took his parrot to the vet because it had been sick. The vet said, "I have good news and I have bad news. The bad news is, your bird has chirpees. The good news is, it's tweetable."

The old ones are the best.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:09 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
A man took his parrot to the vet because it had been sick. The vet said, "I have good news and I have bad news. The bad news is, your bird has chirpees. The good news is, it's tweetable."

The old ones are the best.
Possibly, but that's disturbingly new.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:54 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
What a great website is this? Really interesting 4Bells, many thanks. Bomber, take a big deep breath - moving to Canada is not easy, it is stressful and difficult, you are getting your knickers in a twist. I don't think anyone on here has suggested you leave your pet behind - I said that I'm not taking my birds with me! I can live with this decision, I'll cope. However... If you are going to take this bird, you are going to have to accept that it will go in the hold, or not at all. You and Polly, will not, share a seat - find a decent pet transporter, and the parrot will suffer a bloody sight less on the journey than you will!

People weren't being unhelpful - you must admit some of the responses were damned funny, and I only wish I had the mental capacity to come up with some of these myself!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maplease
That is absolute genius.

ditto- my eyes are watering, must be the feathers
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

^ Long time no post, Madame Largo. I hope all is well. I'm afraid though that the OP isn't quite rational about the parrot. She's a particularly irrational bird.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah, rocket science! There's another thought. Is it plane? Is it a shooting star? No, it's a parrot.
Ha Ha Ha
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:21 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose one could charter a jet and thus share the cabin with one's parrot?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:24 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

What's orange and sounds like a parrot?

Spoiler:
Half of Essex.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.290 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Oh dear, perhaps you should seek your answers elsewhere, as despite what you say you have been given advice, and yes i have kids and pets and bought them both to canada 3 yrs ago, it aint rocket science
Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
to offer another useful reply, rachel woz 99 i think bought parrots to ns a few years back perhaps try a search for that member and find her posts, it may help
Did you guys BRING your pets to Canada or did you BUY them in Canada.

I know nobody is perfect but I'm Swedish and even I know the difference between brought and bought.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bomber2908
People here are so inconsiderate.
You got that right.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
You got that right.
And some posters are perhaps thin skinned.

As has been pointed out by Novo, the question has been answered as well as this communities knowledge allows. Some usefull links were posted, the name of a poster who HAS brought a parrot over was mentioned, what more info does the OP seriously expect?

There were some funny posts too, nothing that appeared to be particularly mean spirited IMO. A sense of humour, and the ability to survive a bit of pub like piss taking is supposed to be part of being British innit?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iaink
There were some funny posts too, nothing that appeared to be particularly mean spirited IMO. A sense of humour, and the ability to survive a bit of pub like piss taking is supposed to be part of being British innit?
Save that for the pub then. This is a forum intended to be a source of information and help people, not just brits as originally intended, moving to another country.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Save that for the pub then. This is a forum intended to be a source of information and help people, not just brits as originally intended, moving to another country.
Not people with parrots on their shoulder, surely? I'd think that flaunting such flashy plumage would preclude the po-faced attitude you desire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.