Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OUR STUFF HAS ARRIVED!!

OUR STUFF HAS ARRIVED!!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of
Default Re: OUR STUFF HAS ARRIVED!!

Originally Posted by adele
Oh dear! Sounds like a nightmare, it's not exactly down the road! Hadn't they told you that before when you gave them your Grande Prairie address?

I'll be in Vancouver so very near the port - they'd better deliver, but if not I'll get a taxi or something...fingers crossed!

Adele
Unfortunately they didn't tell me. But like I said Excess Baggage were great. I really wasn't expecting to be reimbursed for my gas money. The guy I had been dealing with sent me an email to say get in touch and let them know how much I had spent on fuel and they would put the money in my account straight away!! I didn't need to send them receipts or anything!
Other than that slight glitch I couldn't fault them. I'm sure as you are in Vancouver you will be fine.

I bet you can't wait for your stuff to arrive! I was so happy to see my things.......even after a VERY early start to drive to Calgary (and a grumpy boyfriend who wasn't happy about getting up a 3am on his day off to reunite me with my beloved possessions!!)
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steph Golder
Unfortunately they didn't tell me. But like I said Excess Baggage were great. I really wasn't expecting to be reimbursed for my gas money. The guy I had been dealing with sent me an email to say get in touch and let them know how much I had spent on fuel and they would put the money in my account straight away!! I didn't need to send them receipts or anything!
Other than that slight glitch I couldn't fault them. I'm sure as you are in Vancouver you will be fine.

I bet you can't wait for your stuff to arrive! I was so happy to see my things.......even after a VERY early start to drive to Calgary (and a grumpy boyfriend who wasn't happy about getting up a 3am on his day off to reunite me with my beloved possessions!!)
My box is here beside me ready to ship on Monday so will just have to hope it makes it to Vancouver without a hiccup...! Glad you got it sorted in the end
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Well today I trundled down to Immigration and Customs in Downtown to get my "Goods to Follow" list stamped etc. . .

I was armed with my info ettc off BE re mattresses after the officer at the airport told me they couldnt come in unless they had been fumigated.. . .

so am ready for a ruck . . .

not a peep, not a dicky bird..lady was lovely, nice chat bout her uk boyfriend and bear sightings . .all stamped and off I went. . .

stuff comes tomorrow at 9am!¬!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Well today I trundled down to Immigration and Customs in Downtown to get my "Goods to Follow" list stamped etc. . .

I was armed with my info ettc off BE re mattresses after the officer at the airport told me they couldnt come in unless they had been fumigated.. . .

so am ready for a ruck . . .

not a peep, not a dicky bird..lady was lovely, nice chat bout her uk boyfriend and bear sightings . .all stamped and off I went. . .

stuff comes tomorrow at 9am!¬!
Glad you got it sorted without any fights! Will be nice to be reunited with your stuff

Bit confused though - I thought goods to follow lists were stamped at the POE (YVR) when landing? Didn't realise I'd have to go to some office as well?!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got it sorted without any fights! Will be nice to be reunited with your stuff

Bit confused though - I thought goods to follow lists were stamped at the POE (YVR) when landing? Didn't realise I'd have to go to some office as well?!
Mine wasnt as the immigration office had an issue with my mattress and also that I hadnt put the exact serial numbers etc. . of the tv dvd players etc.!@!@ they were about 5 years old plus - couldnt even remember the makes!

Not sure if you have to go the down town office if yr doing door to door air freight - Highland World Wide mailed and called us - they are based in delta and dealt with it all this end

AND NOW IT IS HERE _ ALL IN MY SPARE ROOM

Only going to unpack what we really need -till we move into a better place...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mine wasnt as the immigration office had an issue with my mattress and also that I hadnt put the exact serial numbers etc. . of the tv dvd players etc.!@!@ they were about 5 years old plus - couldnt even remember the makes!

Not sure if you have to go the down town office if yr doing door to door air freight - Highland World Wide mailed and called us - they are based in delta and dealt with it all this end

AND NOW IT IS HERE _ ALL IN MY SPARE ROOM

Only going to unpack what we really need -till we move into a better place...
Hooray! Happy unpacking! I'm doing door to door shipping but only one 3cuft box - just photos, DVDs and personal effects - so am hoping it'll be straighforward...we'll see! :-)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! Happy unpacking! I'm doing door to door shipping but only one 3cuft box - just photos, DVDs and personal effects - so am hoping it'll be straighforward...we'll see! :-)
We used a Leeds based company called Tudor freight http://www.tudorfreight.com/
They were the cheapest we could find. The only problem is that they don't do door to door but door to port.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have had the call and I am off to custom's tomorrow to argue the toss about my mattresses - - then it should all arrive on wed . . . .

will let you know if its all in 1 piece . .. . .

Great news Carrie hope its all okay
let us know how you get on hun xx
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:51 pm
half a century

Its all here - no prob - prob was stopping kids and oh trying to open it all - - - noo - -keep it boxed till we moved from here - just open basics - like clothes!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Its all here - no prob - prob was stopping kids and oh trying to open it all - - - noo - -keep it boxed till we moved from here - just open basics - like clothes!
woohoo thats fab Carrie xx

have you found anywhere yet ?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yippee! Which area are you wanting to live in longer term? Looking to rent or buy?

Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:02 pm
half a century

Yippee! Which area are you wanting to live in longer term? Looking to rent or buy?

Still round here and looking to buy . . .
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:33 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have had the call and I am off to custom's tomorrow to argue the toss about my mattresses - - then it should all arrive on wed . . . .

will let you know if its all in 1 piece . .. . .
Good luck, its themost amazing thing to get your stuff back, enjoy!!