Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh God...another nightmare..

Oh God...another nightmare..

Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:51 pm
The Tweeds

the tweeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh God...another nightmare..

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Oh God ,another nightmare.. after finally sorting out our daughter, more bad news,my boy which we had fostered for 18months, Marc, and fought like hell to adopt and bring with us to Canada committed suicide on Sunday,he had been returned to his crack head mother last year by wonderful social services after she refused permission for him to go with us. He took himself to woods on Sunday night and hanged himself from a tree. I cant stop crying and to top it all, the people buying our house pulled out yesterday, 1 hour before we were supposed to sign contracts. Flights are booked for 23rd March and I dont know what we are going to do.. I beginning to think we are not meant to go. Ive never felt so bloody miserable in my life,so sorry for this tale of woe, just needed to talk to someone. my husband isnt talking to me cos I threw a pan of potatoes at him last night out of frustration. (didnt hit him). I wish we had never started this...
Annie, I'm so so sorry for you and your loss. Forget the house it will sell. Many years ago I threw a roast chicken at my husband and it hit.... he forgave me.....he had to,...... he threw it back.... (it missed though, he's not as good a shot as me).
It will work out for you, I'm sure. It's just, understandably, really hard for you to see that right now.
Thinking of you and your family and wishing your pain away.
The Tweeds
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the tweeds
Annie, I'm so so sorry for you and your loss. Forget the house it will sell. Many years ago I threw a roast chicken at my husband and it hit.... he forgave me.....he had to,...... he threw it back.... (it missed though, he's not as good a shot as me).
It will work out for you, I'm sure. It's just, understandably, really hard for you to see that right now.
Thinking of you and your family and wishing your pain away.
The Tweeds
Hi Anna,

Just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss. I currantly work with abused kids that the Social Services deem necesarry to return back to the lives which caused them the initial harm in the first place so I know all about that and it frustrates the hell out of me every day.

Pleaes do not give up on Canada. I am 100% certain that things do happen for a reason, at times to test and others to make sure you turn onto the right path. Canada is such an amazing country. It is a place where I finally can be British without being in Britain. When in Canada I am no Expat. Just transfered. You'll see.

Oh and please talk to your husband. Don't lock him out. He his hurting to in his own man type way.

"El bona Publico"
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Our hearts go out to you and your family, with 4 teenage kids ourselves (2 that don't want to emigrate), I can't imagine the loss you are feeling.
Take care

Rosie
p.s. the hubby and pan throwing, isn't that what you're supposed to do
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

TRAX123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Annie, I am so sorry to hear all about your problems, and just wanted to let you know that. Maybe a clean break in a new country will help, although I think it would be very hard to see anything in a positive light at the moment in your shoes.
Take care and all the best for whatever you and your family decide to do in the future
Tracey
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:25 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

As many others have said.....

Oh Annie!! ..... just hugs to you my dear.
I lost a brother through suicide. So hard for those left behind. The pain never goes, but you have it in a place eventually where you can think about things without breaking your heart.

As for Canada. Stick with it. All the heartache will fade in time, but you don't want to add "what if's" to the mix by pulling out now.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss, we're all thinking of you & your family.

Take care & sending you wishes & strength, Arris x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Annie.
my condolences go to you and your family.you will be in our prayers.

god bless

Paul and Eryka
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

Thankyou ..to everyone. Cant see the way forward at the minute.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

YOJO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Ann

thinking of you in this desperate time - have sent karma to give you strength

Gaynor
Hi, Just wanted to also say how sorry I was to hear your news, and hope you have happier times ahead.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:16 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Thankyou ..to everyone. Cant see the way forward at the minute.

Annie, the only way forward at times like these is to live from day to day..... minute to minute if you need to. Don't worry about the future, because what will be will be.

Things WILL get easier to bear, and you will move on because, quite simply, life does not just stop!

In my own deepest darkest moments I have looked around me and wondered how the world can be acting so normal despite my own personal disasters. This is what happens. Life does go on.