Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Get Together/Meet Up

Nova Scotia Get Together/Meet Up

Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia Get Together/Meet Up

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
LOL When you enter NS you are handed High Viz jackets and whistles :0)

You mean you get stuff for free?

Better if they gave you blankets and scarves.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:06 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Right, it's good to see a few want to get together.

The sandcastle competition is on 16th August, which is a Sunday and we really want to go to that as we missed it last year. The 15th is no good for us. So how about the weekend before on Sunday 9th? I know Arty fly's in on the 8th, would this be too early for you?

Joyce/Nikki, can you suggest anywhere good for a meet-up around your way?

Counting down the days until we fly now, really need this break, just got to get the goods to follow list finished!

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all.

Kaz
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:05 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

July 30 to August 3rd (Natal Day) there will be lots of celebrations going on in and around Halifax/Dartmouth you might want to check out.

http://www.natalday.org/

Up here in New Glasgow we have the 3-day Music Jubilee:

http://www.jubilee.ns.ca/

The folowing weekend we have the Dragonboat Races. Unfortunately it's my weekend of working, although I will be taking my ladies down to the riverfront for a couple of hours. I normally take part in the races but can't manage this year.

http://www.raceontheriver.com/

Last edited by Cookie; Jul 9th 2009 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice to meet up top end, can't always get down to Halifax as a bit far for me
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:02 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I think the lobster carnival might be on this weekend at Pictou (I saw quite a few classic cars heading down the highway today).

On edit, it is: http://www.townofpictou.ca/carnival.html

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
July 30 to August 3rd (Natal Day) there will be lots of celebrations going on in and around Halifax/Dartmouth you might want to check out.

http://www.natalday.org/

Up here in New Glasgow we have the 3-day Music Jubilee:

http://www.jubilee.ns.ca/

The folowing weekend we have the Dragonboat Races. Unfortunately it's my weekend of working, although I will be taking my ladies down to the riverfront for a couple of hours. I normally take part in the races but can't manage this year.

http://www.raceontheriver.com/

Last edited by Greenhill; Jul 9th 2009 at 8:07 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:27 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

McLobster sandwiches also now available from McDs (never tried one)
Old Jul 9th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi kazbob and all,
put us down for a possible for the Sunday ,we are also looking to try and get a meet up nearer Truro later on,around the 14,15,16th .
But hey we are up for a good day, whenever.
Arty & Family

Originally Posted by kazbob
Right, it's good to see a few want to get together.

The sandcastle competition is on 16th August, which is a Sunday and we really want to go to that as we missed it last year. The 15th is no good for us. So how about the weekend before on Sunday 9th? I know Arty fly's in on the 8th, would this be too early for you?

Joyce/Nikki, can you suggest anywhere good for a meet-up around your way?

Counting down the days until we fly now, really need this break, just got to get the goods to follow list finished!

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all.

Kaz
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:20 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just trying to think of a place to go that is nearer central NS

A few of us have kids so trying to think about somewhere where they can also be entertained and not get bored with all the adults chatting

The weather hopefully will be ok, what about Shubie Park? Its very cheap to get in, provides some entertainment for kids and everyone could perhaps take a picnic or something as there is plenty of places to sit and eat etc( I dont think they have a cafe or anything so you would have to BYO)

I am completely open to other suggestions, we havent been here long ourselves

Here is a link to their website, probably hrs drive from New Glasgow and 30 mins approx from Halifax area for people coming from that way

http://wildlifepark.gov.ns.ca/
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:33 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

Just trying to think of a place to go that is nearer central NS

A few of us have kids so trying to think about somewhere where they can also be entertained and not get bored with all the adults chatting

The weather hopefully will be ok, what about Shubie Park? Its very cheap to get in, provides some entertainment for kids and everyone could perhaps take a picnic or something as there is plenty of places to sit and eat etc( I dont think they have a cafe or anything so you would have to BYO)

I am completely open to other suggestions, we havent been here long ourselves

Here is a link to their website, probably hrs drive from New Glasgow and 30 mins approx from Halifax area for people coming from that way

http://wildlifepark.gov.ns.ca/
What about Victoria Park in Truro? It's big enough for a get together, there is a water park and play park for the kids AND the most important thing - it has an ice cream stand...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:40 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

What about Victoria Park in Truro? It's big enough for a get together, there is a water park and play park for the kids AND the most important thing - it has an ice cream stand...
oh yep, completely forgot about Victoria Park, Yes, great place for everyone and its free!

I am happy to go with this
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Ooh exciting did you all decide on a date yet ?
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:48 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
oh yep, completely forgot about Victoria Park, Yes, great place for everyone and its free!

I am happy to go with this
We could arrange to bring a few gazebo things to shade us should the sun actually want to come out and then let the Dads supervise the kids on the park...he he
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Oooh this gets better by the minute..
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:57 pm

We could arrange to bring a few gazebo things to shade us should the sun actually want to come out and then let the Dads supervise the kids on the park...he he
sounds good!!

Here is a link to the info for it, its a lovely place and the kids swimming pool area is great

http://www.truro.ca/victoria-park.html

There is a pdf brochure on here too
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by mumof2
Ooh exciting did you all decide on a date yet ?
Think its going to be Sunday 9th August

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.