Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Brunswick info

New Brunswick info

Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Brunswick info

Originally Posted by dudlek
French school: Now my children are not in the French school here in Fred' but it is completely french, I dont know if they do any english lessons at all in their studies but I do know that even at recess ( break-time) they are expected to speak french even if their first language is english.
My step kids go to French school. Or rather they did before one left and the other about to finish.

English is taught and they were certainly encouraged to speak French aside from in English.

Lots of school things seem strange to me compared to when I was at school in Bristol. I don't know if it's the French system, Canadian system or even that it's all the same and has changed from back in my school days.

Two semesters instead of three terms. Subjects can change in the second half of the school year. The timetable doesn't go Monday to Friday, it does day one to day 5 instead.

Does anyone with recent experience in UK and Canada systems know what I'm on about?