Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A New BC Driving Test Experience

A New BC Driving Test Experience

Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:40 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New BC Driving Test Experience

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
The only hand signal I have seen utilizes just one finger and is quite straightforward to use.
I hurt my middle finger last year. It was terrible, I couldn't drive for over a week.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I hurt my middle finger last year. It was terrible, I couldn't drive for over a week.
got it... drive like a crazy biker
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
would you take lessons before taking the test?
hi polarbear!

i did my licence thing a few months back. I didn't take any lessons before hand..tho i wished i had...there were some things that i could have had some fine tuning on.....~ you can read about my experience here..>

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457841

i think only you can decide for yourself if you want a lesson to give some extra guidance beforehand. many people do..and i wish i had..as it would have helped with the nerves..and plus i would have been taken on the route they take.

During my driving exam i was actually taken to a part of the town i was in, that i had never been to before..i was out of my element....luckily enough one section i went to i had been down the road before and knew there was a school there. As when we came down that road..there was a huge truck parked in front of the school zone sign! lucky i slowed down expecting it! it is instant fail if you do not slow down in a school zone.

Now i am applying for my Class 4 unrestricted licence..and even tho i do have the Australian equivalent for that licence and i feel very confident and competent driving larger vehicles..i am paying for and taking a 3hr lesson b4 the actual driving exam for that one.

Good Luck!

OBTW......i didnt' have to do hand signals during my car licence test!