Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

need ideas where to move next

need ideas where to move next

Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: need ideas where to move next

Originally Posted by Tangram
Did you say 300 square foot ?

blimey you were qwick....ever thought of being a proof reader, obviously a typo and I changed it with in 2 mins of posting....
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:55 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monique_in_Canada
blimey you were qwick....ever thought of being a proof reader, obviously a typo and I changed it with in 2 mins of posting....
Ah thats more like it
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

Why not try nearby Saskatoon (instead of going to Edmonton). I was told the place is much more pleasant than Regina, and property is certainly cheaper there than in Edmonton.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:03 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by edmontron
Why not try nearby Saskatoon (instead of going to Edmonton). I was told the place is much more pleasant than Regina, and property is certainly cheaper there than in Edmonton.
er...Just as cold and treeless.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Still
think NS is your best bet and it throws in the ocean as well. I have place on south mountain but in truth it is a long ridge not truely a mountain in rockies scale. However you can ski in NS.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:01 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Did you say 300 square foot ?
That's an expensive shed.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
That's an expensive shed.
Yea, I'd expect Two Sheds for that.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:30 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

You mention your a plumber? Are you a qualified Journeyman? I'm surprised your work options are limited, if you have the ticket.
If you like BC, make yourself a more employable commodity.
Maybe Power Engineer, Sprinkler Fitter, Gas Fitter......
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Grandslam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scimdarren
You mention your a plumber? Are you a qualified Journeyman? I'm surprised your work options are limited, if you have the ticket.
If you like BC, make yourself a more employable commodity.
Maybe Power Engineer, Sprinkler Fitter, Gas Fitter......
Hi, yes I am fully Qualified but the Qualifications are from the UK, which is somewhat a problem. Truthfully I can not afford to stay in B.C so looking for a cheaper option.
Power Engineer is something I am looking into.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:08 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

As others have mentioned how about Nova Scotia? Lots of lakes and trees and if you live in one of the smaller towns you should be able to buy a lovely home for around the £200,000 mark
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

NS is a definite possibility! is Halifax the place to go or are there other options?
I'm not really a big city person, came to Canada to get away from all that.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:39 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

It depends what you're looking for.....

Halifax is the capital of NS, but there are smaller towns as well.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:06 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You appear to be looking for the impossible.

Anywhere with those attributes along with a $200,000 home is going to be someplace where the job situation is not at all good.
Agreed. Plentiful jobs and a $200,000 houses are rare, but throwing in a desire to be in the middle of beauty with a nice climate might just be pushing it a little too far. Let me know if you can find it though, and I'll move there as well!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Agreed. Plentiful jobs and a $200,000 houses are rare, but throwing in a desire to be in the middle of beauty with a nice climate might just be pushing it a little too far. Let me know if you can find it though, and I'll move there as well!
you both misread my original post, I said 'I am looking for somewhere that has trees, lakes or mountains within easy reach' hence not asking for all 3 just any of the aforementioned!

Surely thats not asking for the impossible in Canada?

Last edited by Grandslam; Mar 24th 2011 at 1:20 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

Hi i'm in Bc i'm a gas fitter by trade and i'm allowed to goto school for 6 weeks and then il have my gas stuff for Bc, do you do gas work at all as most places here want gas and plumber and i'm pretty sure you need the tickets to do the plumbing work as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.