Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A letter from Canada takes more than 3 weeks to deliver?

A letter from Canada takes more than 3 weeks to deliver?

Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A letter from Canada takes more than 3 weeks to deliver?

I usually get letters inside a week. I've been desperately waiting for an important one that was posted 4.5wks ago though... sod's law
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

As with most countries, if your letter/package is crossing a border, it may be delayed. It is not usually due to the carrier; rather it needs to clear customs and you never know how long that lineup will be.

Mail within the country... you can throw the blame at Canada Post for that one if you like, unless you used a courier (in which case, blame them as CP would have no involvement in it). Delays may occur if the address was incomplete (incorrect postal code, for example).

I'm currently living in Barbados. My letters home sometimes take a week, and sometimes take 3 weeks. No rhyme or reason.

I agree with the e-bills, though. Much more convenient. I get mine emailed to me. If I waited for them to be sent to Barbados... who knows how many late fees I'd be paying
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Canada Post sucks.

I agree!!! I had to send a legal document to Germany (kick out a tenant) and asked for the fastest way to deliver the letter with Canada Post. They told me to send it with Puroletter (which is a Purolator service for Canada Post) .. I paid $57 , and it took 5 days... (1 day too late...) They didn't even deliver it to the respective person, but to a neighbouring child, 12 years old, who didn't give it to my tenant...
Just bad luck, I guess...
does anyone know which courrier service to take for stuff like this?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

For international, probably best to use UPS, FedEx, Purolator or DHL.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Caddug is on a distinguished road

I was sent a letter on 6th August from High Commission in London which arrive 4th September. Unfortunately the letter said that I had to send back my passport within 10 days! Now am having to have another medical

Also had some of our stuff sent to us by Parcel Force which took about 3 weeks, it seems that the guys in Parcel Force thought it said Australia instead of Canada (can't get the staff these days!). Luckily we were able to stop it in time. But it still took a week before the postman decided to deliver it, the lady in the post office said that it had be hanging around for a few days.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
I agree!!! I had to send a legal document to Germany (kick out a tenant) and asked for the fastest way to deliver the letter with Canada Post. They told me to send it with Puroletter (which is a Purolator service for Canada Post) .. I paid $57 , and it took 5 days... (1 day too late...) They didn't even deliver it to the respective person, but to a neighbouring child, 12 years old, who didn't give it to my tenant...
Just bad luck, I guess...
does anyone know which courrier service to take for stuff like this?
I have the best luck with Fedex, they have always delivered on time for me.