knickers!

Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

liz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud ofliz&jon has much to be proud of
Default Re: knickers!

Originally Posted by Higgy
Just been having a laugh at some of the comments. Obviously the guys out there don't appreciate the importance of good comfortable ladies underwear. I never bought my undies in M & S, I actually preferred George at Asda. Cotton is definately not the same quality here as it is in the UK. My sister in law missed UK cotton undies when she moved to Australia as well. I had to bring my friend a batch of M & S tights though when I moved out here.

Higgy's Wife

when i began this thread i had no idea it would rattle some people the way it has it was purely a question about a simple subject. i spent a year in both australia and new zealand and in that time i found the quality of the undies to be really poor and sizing was difficult to match. thankyou to those of you have made positive remarks all it did was clarify something that i already suspected from my previous experience of travelling around the world.

im not going to defend my preference for marks undies its no worse than the people who begin threads about what food they will miss and what should they take out. once we go out there will be nothing i will miss about this country which is why we want to make such a life changing move .....except good quality comfy pants................the end
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

what an absolutely fantastic thread to read on a sunday morning, myself and my hubby dave have been rolling around in tears. one things for sure im a size 18-20 and so m&s and evans here i come (im sure evans still have there sale on so better get out the credit card
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Carly H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by liz&jon
when i began this thread i had no idea it would rattle some people the way it has it was purely a question about a simple subject. i spent a year in both australia and new zealand and in that time i found the quality of the undies to be really poor and sizing was difficult to match. thankyou to those of you have made positive remarks all it did was clarify something that i already suspected from my previous experience of travelling around the world.

im not going to defend my preference for marks undies its no worse than the people who begin threads about what food they will miss and what should they take out. once we go out there will be nothing i will miss about this country which is why we want to make such a life changing move .....except good quality comfy pants................the end
Well I loved your tread.
Not only have I found the information very helpful but it has given me the perfect ally-by for a Sunday shopping trip. M&S have lots on new ranges of nice underwear in there store and I plan to stock up big style.
Thanks for this thread
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by liz&jon

I don't think you have rattled anyone with this thread, people just have a difference of opinion. Some of us think that if you are making the move to Canada for life, then there are certain differences that need to be adapted to. I find it very funny that people are going to have to make trips bake to the UK to stock up on the food they miss and the clothes they like.

I also don't think you need to defend your knicker preference, it is entirely your choice.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

STOCK UP!!!! ive been here 3 years and im still trying to find a bra that fits!!! im going back to the UK in may and ti cant come soon enough because man oh man im down to my last thread bear bra from the uk!!!

Im so glad someone came up with this thread I thought i had funny t*ts LOL but its not just me!!

My mother in law buys me fruit of the loom undies for xmas they are comfy, but ive made room in my suitcase for lots and lots of bras and knickers!

as for the ppl who are flaming - GET OVER YOURSELVES for godsakes!!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
LOL, I don't know why some peeps have this big thing about M & S? I don't buy my clothes there and when we go to Canada I will buy whatever is there, beaver fur-lined or otherwise (hope it doesn't itch too much)?

i dont find beaver itchy
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
i dont find beaver itchy
I deffo learnt a thing or 2 from this thread LOL
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I think I should point out that if you use the word "crutchless" in Canada - it will mean that you don't have a pair of crutches.

The word is "crotchless"!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=britishvixen21 im down to my last thread bear bra from the uk!!!

![/QUOTE]

beaver knickers and bear bras? how very canadian!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:25 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman
The reason Canadians are so laid back is that they have no knickers to get in a twist!
Hubbie will be so pleased when we go 'canadian' then !
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
as for the ppl who are flaming - GET OVER YOURSELVES for godsakes!!!
Nobody is flaming! There are a few people who obviously have 'standardised International' chests and don't see there being a problem, but no one is flaming anyone for shopping at M&S.

Incase you want to know what a flame is like:

You are an absolute idiot, do you think that people in Canada are in some way inferior because they don't have M&S and have to therefore wear third world underwear. If you think that M&S is the be all and end all in the world of underwear suppliers, then you should stay in the UK where you can continue to live your high and mighty superior empire visioned life!!!!

Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JezHarper
Nobody is flaming! There are a few people who obviously have 'standardised International' chests and don't see there being a problem, but no one is flaming anyone for shopping at M&S.

You are an absolute idiot, do you think that people in Canada are in some way inferior because they don't have M&S and have to therefore wear third world underwear. If you think that M&S is the be all and end all in the world of underwear suppliers, then you should stay in the UK where you can continue to live your high and mighty superior empire visioned life!!!!

I don't much care for M & S (as previously stated in this thread) so I may go bra-less and free if I can't get what I want in Canada (I'll save some money too)

I haven't flamed anyone either but I do feel when in rome do what the romans do)
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

M&S used to be in Canada. They packed up went home in the late 90s.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JezHarper

Once again i think you either need to get over yourself or get la*d, your bringing political opinions into a thread about knickers.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Once again i think you either need to get over yourself or get la*d, your bringing political opinions into a thread about knickers.
I suggest you go back and read my post again CAREFULLY. Please ask if you need help understanding the my point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.