Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Hi

The system does work,,I just got my refund from Capaital one (UK ) visa..it took 3 weeks and a couple of forms.. Thank you Capital one
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by dgpondhoppper
Hi

The system does work,,I just got my refund from Capaital one (UK ) visa..it took 3 weeks and a couple of forms.. Thank you Capital one
Well done you, still waiting for ours, fingers crossed
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Those thoroughly, thoroughly, thoroughly nice people at Scotia Visa have just credited my account with the full cost of my Zoom tickets.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

ribtickle is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

I guess I was lucky. I bought tickets from Cardiff to Toronto with Amex credit card. AS soon as company went bust, I phoned them up (AMEX), they gave me details of what I needed to fax through, I then faxed through on the Monday. I received a claim waiver form to sign ont he Thursday - to confirm I wouldn't be claiming directly against Zoom, and then I got my refund about 2 weeks or so later. I even had a phonecall from them to confirm they were putting the £922 credit on my account that day.

I booked flights with air canada from London for £700. Luckily I had the credit to do that before the refund came through as we were travelling irrespective as the accommodation for a 2 week stay had already been agreed.

I'm in Toronto at the moment, on my last full day - fly back tomorrow. This has been our full reckie trip to confirm we want to do this! And oh yes we do.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:01 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I just got my refund through. Paid on my LLoyds TSB debit card
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Quick question - original flights were booked on inlaws debit card in the UK, return flights were booked on MY visa in Canada. Should we be going after the original booking or second booking, inlaws went to the bank and were told i was to claim as i made the second booking, but that all seems a little odd to me.....:curse:
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawnzocalgary
Quick question - original flights were booked on inlaws debit card in the UK, return flights were booked on MY visa in Canada. Should we be going after the original booking or second booking, inlaws went to the bank and were told i was to claim as i made the second booking, but that all seems a little odd to me.....:curse:
I would have thought both for whatever you paid on each one ?

Still not goit ours back but have had a letter saying if we can provide proof that we have tried to call write to and email Zoom then they will look into the matter further WT- can you believe this, sorry how can you prove that ??
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I would have thought both for whatever you paid on each one ?

Still not goit ours back but have had a letter saying if we can provide proof that we have tried to call write to and email Zoom then they will look into the matter further WT- can you believe this, sorry how can you prove that ??
Thanks, i talked with my visa company and they said it would be up to the card company on the original booking.

Its all a bit screwed.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

got mine back from scotia visa ysterday !! now getting funds back from icesave is a diferent story
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

deanmotley is an unknown quantity at this point

Lloyds TSB are doing refunds from Visa Debit cards because i recieved mine today
if you are in the Uk call 01702-278430 and dont let them give you any crap
they are sending out a declaration form to all Zoom losers,be sure to send them a copy of your E ticket/email reciept so they wont have any excuses.
the address is Lloyds TSB card services
8th floor-Essex House
South Church Avenue
Southend on Sea
Essex
SS1 2LB

Last edited by deanmotley; Oct 10th 2008 at 7:34 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough

I got my refund last week from TSB, I booked 3 tickets from Vancouver to Manchester return, then one from Manchester one-way for our daughter who is finally moving out with us. I got a refund for all 4 tickets.
The worse thing was finding more Flights. We are going back in Dec for my parents golden anniversary and could only get to Gatwick instead of Manchester. My complaint is the cost an extra $2000 than i paid with Zoom, and the dates werent as convient, we have to stay for 3 weeks as thye only had one flight a week when i booked, but at least we got tickets with Canadian Affair and will be back for the big celebration. Thanks TSB
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deanmotley
Lloyds TSB are doing refunds from Visa Debit cards because i recieved mine today
if you are in the Uk call 01702-278430 and dont let them give you any crap
they are sending out a declaration form to all Zoom losers,be sure to send them a copy of your E ticket/email reciept so they wont have any excuses.
the address is Lloyds TSB card services
8th floor-Essex House
South Church Avenue
Southend on Sea
Essex
SS1 2LB
I think my inlaws contact at the bank jsut doesnt know what they are doing, they have apparently written a letter to zoom, requesting refund in the amount of the second bookings and not the original bookings. They havent given the inlaws any paperwork whatsoever.....i think they are through the Royal Bank, anyone else with this bank managed to get any joy?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
just got word that Barclaycard have refunded my zoom tickets and a further bonus they also did the same with my Canadian Affair car hire

cheers
Arty & Co
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi All,
just got word that Barclaycard have refunded my zoom tickets and a further bonus they also did the same with my Canadian Affair car hire

cheers
Arty & Co
Just got ours back for the flight from Barclaycard
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:13 am
Just Joined

georgesingh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Righty then..... How's about everyone who has a Zoom ticket and is trying to get a refund via their Credit Card or Insurance company post their stories and experiences here.

Then with one place to look, BE can hopefully be of help to all the people affected.

Good Luck all!
Sorry for the late reply. Only just found this site. I bought a ticket through Marriott Visa which is a subsidiary of Halifax and they refunded the money back in September after I posted them the "email tickets". Good luck, just keep harrassing them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.