Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice
Default The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Righty then..... How's about everyone who has a Zoom ticket and is trying to get a refund via their Credit Card or Insurance company post their stories and experiences here.

Then with one place to look, BE can hopefully be of help to all the people affected.

Good Luck all!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:24 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

I've friends due to fly with Zoom from the UK to NY next week. Their credit card supplier (NatWest) has told them they're not eligible for a refund.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

just phone bank of scotia VISA they wont do anything say we have to claim from zoom but situation might change in a few days:curse:
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make this a sticky, which will keep it at the top of the forum for a while.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by chumley
just phone bank of scotia VISA they wont do anything say we have to claim from zoom but situation might change in a few days:curse:
Is it a gold card or a standard card? as I know the protection levels are different and just want to be clear.....
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Is it a gold card or a standard card? as I know the protection levels are different and just want to be clear.....
My friend used a N/West Black card (for salary earners of GBP100k+), so it's more to do with the small print that the card's colour.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:54 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Just called American Express. They say it is too early as their legal department is still considering the bank's position. However, they say they WILL stand behind their cardholders.

Phew!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by R I C H
My friend used a N/West Black card (for salary earners of GBP100k+), so it's more to do with the small print that the card's colour.
Its pretty easy actually, get on the phone NOW and tell them you want to put a payment into dispute,they will then ask you why, tell them, and its plain sailing from there. Just 2 weeks ago i had to do it with Amex,they froze the payment while they made there inquires, which means you do not have to pay the bill or any interest. If you have already paid your statement off, its still just as easy but you will have to wait 30 days for the money to be refunded back to your account. I've done this a few times in the past
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by R I C H
I think it comes under the category of failure to deliver service/goods
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:18 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

RBC has just contested mine for me, they say a usual 45 day wait for this to be resolved which may be quicker as there will be several people in the same position
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

CIBC Visa have been great!

They just told me to fax through to them a copy of the notice from Zoom and a copy of the itinerary. They gave me a reference number to quote on all the pages and said they would then arrange to credit the money back to my Visa account.

Understandably they couldn't say how long it would take as they have very high call volumes about this issue, but they were very helpful. I was most impressed.

Now I've got to try and find an affordable flight from UK to Calgary just before Christmas for my unaccompanied 15 year old!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have this problem but we had a problem a few years ago and Citibank were great, got the money back very quickly. Maybe it pays to have a card from a 'bigger' company?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:59 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid for inlaws tickets via my UK lloyds debit card - 850 quid.

Spoke to Lloyds - very helpful, there is a slim chance of a refund, but I'm not holding my breath.

Inlaws had travel insurance through Sainsburys. However the policy does not cover travel companies going into financial problems :curse:

They're rebooked on BA for cost of about 1,000 quid...

What pisses me off is that the only reason I paid debit and not credit card was the 3% booking fee. Saving 20 quid had turned out to cost me 850.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

littlsm is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked my flight with Zoom using a Bank of Scotland Visa Debit. I've been told that Visa Debit is covered by the "Visa Scheme Rules". Apparently its a little known rule that Banks don't want you to know about.

I've asked HBOS to investigate. they said they'll get back to me.

I'll let you know.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:18 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlsm
I booked my flight with Zoom using a Bank of Scotland Visa Debit. I've been told that Visa Debit is covered by the "Visa Scheme Rules". Apparently its a little known rule that Banks don't want you to know about.

I've asked HBOS to investigate. they said they'll get back to me.

I'll let you know.
"Visa debit" = debit card = pretty much same as paying via cheque.
"Visa credit" = credit card = merchant fees paid by vendor = customer protection.

You'll be lucky to get anything back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.