Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Hi Arty,

Will let you know how it goes with Barclaycard. We were going to land in Halifax to start up out PRs, then fly back to sort out the house etc. As we could not find any flights to Halifax for a similar price, we opted to fly to Toronto with BA's sale flights, which only worked out £200 dearer for the five of us!! We also have some very kind friends in SW Ontario who will meet us from the airport and put us up etc. Maybe NS just isn't meant to be..........
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:41 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The I've got a Zoom ticket and am trying to get a credit card refund thread...

Originally Posted by moosey2canada
BUT HEY AT LEAST I'M GOING (AIR CANADA THIS TIME THEY ARE GOING NOWHERE)
They were in Administration a few years ago and are still struggling, like many other airlines.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...53C1A9679C8B63
A better bet than the charters right now I would guess.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough

its a little more complicated than it seems

1, if you booked a flight only direct with Zoom and paid with a credit card you get your money back from C.card company ..I have just done this after losing my ticket on thursday with Zoom.....2-3 weeks for refund

2, if you booked with a travel agent ATOL will get you home if you are stranded.

3, If you paid with a debit card of any type or cash /check you lose your money,

We were luck as we got new flights on air transat within hours of Zoom failing ..

P

Last edited by dgpondhoppper; Sep 1st 2008 at 12:13 am. Reason: minor spelling mistake!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't seem to be any problem with RBS's processing of a credit card refund - they want email from Zoom announcing receivership, copy of itinerary, and that's about it. No idea of timescale though, will report back.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinoffc
Hi Arty,

Will let you know how it goes with Barclaycard. We were going to land in Halifax to start up out PRs, then fly back to sort out the house etc. As we could not find any flights to Halifax for a similar price, we opted to fly to Toronto with BA's sale flights, which only worked out £200 dearer for the five of us!! We also have some very kind friends in SW Ontario who will meet us from the airport and put us up etc. Maybe NS just isn't meant to be..........
Hi Dinoffc,
I am beginning to think its not just NS that isn't meant to be,but the whole Canada thing.
There always seems to be something getting in the way.
Arty & Co
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7587579.stm
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has been posted before but Moneysavingexpert has a lot on the subject of Zoom refunds & related issues.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

timballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nice

Re previous post, here is what Martin Lewis's website says about the collapse of Zoom:

If you’re a victim of Zoom's collapse. If you paid by credit card, as described above, you should be protected. Yet less well known is that, if you paid on a Visa Debit card, then its Chargeback scheme may help. This worked well for Farepak reclaimers; see the Zoom airlines help note for this and further info.

Here is link to the website:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/03-09-2008/
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

gembers is an unknown quantity at this point

To give you all an update, I received a full (well 99$ refund) yesterday on my BMO Mosaik mastercard.

I was covered for everything except for the extra i paid for my girlfriend and I to select out own seats (which i think was a total of 60 bucks for the pair of us).

The time line was - received the dispute letter by fax on Friday morning, faxed it back with a copy of the -ticket on Friday afternoon.

I hope this gives hope to others out there in the same situation
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

gillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant futuregillevans has a brilliant future

Hi

I booked one lot of Zoom tickets with my Abbey National and one lot with Nationwide Gold Card. When I phoned Abbey the did not even know that Zoom had gone bust and were not helpful at all, though they are now sending me a dispute form which will take 2 to 4 weeks. Nationwide on the other hand were really good and I got the forms to fill in the next day. Just hope I get a refund on both. I re-booked with British Airways who deducted £50.00 from each fare.

Gill
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say one thing?

We were going to book our Zoom fares end of the month and it would probably have worked out to be just under $2000 for 3 fares.

Now with them disappearing we are looking at $3000 nearly

I think everyone is paying for what happened
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gembers
To give you all an update, I received a full (well 99$ refund) yesterday on my BMO Mosaik mastercard.

I was covered for everything except for the extra i paid for my girlfriend and I to select out own seats (which i think was a total of 60 bucks for the pair of us).

The time line was - received the dispute letter by fax on Friday morning, faxed it back with a copy of the -ticket on Friday afternoon.

I hope this gives hope to others out there in the same situation

Im still waiting for the letter from them. When you say you received $99, was that all you put on your credit card for the flight or is that a typo.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gillevans
Hi

I booked one lot of Zoom tickets with my Abbey National and one lot with Nationwide Gold Card. When I phoned Abbey the did not even know that Zoom had gone bust and were not helpful at all, though they are now sending me a dispute form which will take 2 to 4 weeks. Nationwide on the other hand were really good and I got the forms to fill in the next day. Just hope I get a refund on both. I re-booked with British Airways who deducted £50.00 from each fare.

Gill
I ve also claimed through the Abbey and I am still waiting for the form like you. However I received my latest statement this morning and they have refunded the interest so it looks like things are getting sorted at last
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:00 pm
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

My parents got a refund (paid by debit) and have a flight booked out for the same period. Cost them an extra £100 and they fly from Amsterdam instead of Cardiff.

9 days and counting.....
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

gembers is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha Ha, sorry spongebob, i meant to say 99 PERCENT refund! I think my posting would've had some more choice language if i'd only gotten 99 bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.