Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I'm going to tell my parents of our plans to emigrate tomorrow

I'm going to tell my parents of our plans to emigrate tomorrow

Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:35 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm going to tell my parents of our plans to emigrate tomorrow

Originally Posted by sharkus
Well that is certainly good news and obviously not what you were expecting which makes it even better.

It does strike me as odd when parents of an adult get all stroppy about their children moving to another country, thinking the kids are selfish, and trying to hurt them in some way. The age old "Canada is so far away" line gets used a lot, funny how the same people are happy to travel far further for extended holiday's but when it's said they could come out and visit in Canada it's another story.

Thankfully my parents were happy and proud I was coming over here, and they still are, I think it's because we now have a house and so they know they don't have to pay for a hotel when they visit
I feel the same, my parents were pleased for us too. They had left the UK for Spain some years before. They live in a village, have learned Spanish & know that we left for many of the same reasons as them.

They visited us last year & have booked their flights for this year already. Skype & email has kept them close to their Grand children, who they've been happy to see settle so well. Plus we have kept a blog to help keep them updated too with photographs etc.

My outlaws are in Florida & are trapped due to having an investors Visa (oh dear) however, we go there for vacations oursleves as we have a holiday home next door to them.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

youngmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by R I C H
I'm amazed at how many adults seem to need permission to move house, or need some sort of validation about their choice of lifestyle and career.
Me too. My Mum was a bit upset about the whole thing but I told her if she wanted to keep tabs on me my whole life she shouldn't have let me out of the womb.

She saw the funny side.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

A wee update...
told my inlaws on Saturday and as expected, didn't give two hoots!!!
lnsy