ICBC

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:07 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICBC

Originally Posted by paolob99
Yes, definitely civil, but can you see where my annoyance comes from with trolling rubbish as witnessed? The trolling was of no help first time around or second. Not good
wake up and smell the reality paolo. this city wants people out of their cars, and there are plenty who do make different decisions. ps. just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll.

Again, sympathy is limited and I'm not the only one. Welcome to BC
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We just learned of it recently but haven't been able to get into North Vancouver to get the necessary document from the ministry signed yet to prove it.

The ministry isn't open about benefits you may get, so we are slowly learning about certain one's. Had no idea we could apply to get an exemption of tolls on certain bridges for example, just learned that this month.
Free ferry passes, the Disability tax credit, Disability Savings Plan is free money, cab fares paid to medical appointments, refund on provincial sales tax on fuel.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:23 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
From what I was told to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by ICBC - $1500/year for a young man and a truck bringing no driving history, could have been a lot worse.
Part of the reason other drivers pay higher premiums is ICBC keep new and young drivers premiums artificially low.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Free ferry passes, the Disability tax credit, Disability Savings Plan is free money, cab fares paid to medical appointments, refund on provincial sales tax on fuel.
Having BC PWD status doesn't automatically lead to CRA approving for disability tax credit, which we do not have, and so don't get the benefits of that tax credit, and to get an RDSP you need that tax credit from CRA.

We wanted a RDSP as it's the only realistic way to save without being punished by the ministry, but we don't currently have the disability tax credit from CRA.

Free tolls over the port mann bridge if you apply in advance, which we have and waiting for approval and the decal or sensor we need.

We have also applied for the fuel tax credit, just waiting for the ministry to send us the required documents to complete it.

We don't have a ministry office locally so it can take a week to get something from the office in North Vancouver.

One thing the ministry is not is speedy.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the reason other drivers pay higher premiums is ICBC keep new and young drivers premiums artificially low.
That $1500 probably isn't with all the add-ons. Probably just the minimum cover?

For full cover, the premium seems to start at about $3000-3800 before any discounts.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Boneyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

What I don't like about ICBC other than their ridiculously high prices, is when you go in the barrage of questions you get asked! How much of a deductible, 1,2,3,4 or $5M liability, under insured coverage, roadstar and so on. My family in the UK do all their vehicle insurance online, never have to speak to anyone plus have hundreds of companies to choose from. They pay around $500 a year! ICBC waste too much money on staff, fraudulent injury claims and vehicle repairs.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Boneyboy
What I don't like about ICBC other than their ridiculously high prices, is when you go in the barrage of questions you get asked! How much of a deductible, 1,2,3,4 or $5M liability, under insured coverage, roadstar and so on. My family in the UK do all their vehicle insurance online, never have to speak to anyone plus have hundreds of companies to choose from. They pay around $500 a year! ICBC waste too much money on staff, fraudulent injury claims and vehicle repairs.
But they are in the UK. This is BC, which is 8 times the size, 0ne tenth the population, with a much more diverse geography and people who cannot drive.

I agree it seems they spend too much on staff, however fraudulent claims investigation can only be blamed on fraudsters. Without investigation, we'd pay more. And too much on car repairs, surely that is what they are there for.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:42 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolob99
Yes, definitely civil, but can you see where my annoyance comes from with trolling rubbish as witnessed? The trolling was of no help first time around or second. Not good
You are extremely rude and unnecessarily abusive. To have a differing opinion on a particular subject does not make someone a troll. If you can't comment civilly, please sod off.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 5:39 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I missed reference to this option in the thread. For our main vehicle (2008 Wrangler Jeep unlimited JK) We take the legal minimum (third party) ICBC coverage and top up (comprehensive) with private insurance. Premiums are cheaper overall that way. Not had to test the claims side of things as yet ???

On our older vehicle (1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ) we just use ICBC.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
Maybe I missed reference to this option in the thread. For our main vehicle (2008 Wrangler Jeep unlimited JK) We take the legal minimum (third party) ICBC coverage and top up (comprehensive) with private insurance. Premiums are cheaper overall that way. Not had to test the claims side of things as yet ???

On our older vehicle (1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ) we just use ICBC.
I looked into 3rd party for the optional. The bulk of the premium for us is the ICBC minimum.

The savings with 3rd party was almost nothing.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boneyboy
ICBC is way behind the times. We should be able to buy,renew etc online. The whole using agents is way outdated. Probably be cheaper in the long run. Such a pain to have to have to go in person simply to renew.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I looked into 3rd party for the optional. The bulk of the premium for us is the ICBC minimum.

The savings with 3rd party was almost nothing.
Same here, the savings were $10 or something silly like that.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 3:09 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Going for renewal tomorrow on the newer Jeep. I'll check with the ICBC agent to see what the gain, or loss, might be splitting between ICBC and private.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Same here, the savings were $10 or something silly like that.
. At one point I saved a lot by using 3rd party, but now they quote pretty much the same.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

MountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond reputeMountainHiker has a reputation beyond repute

It's just another way for BC government to make money, last year they increased premiums by 5% even though they made a good profit, quite a few of my mates keep their cars on US or AB plates to avoid the cost and many other methods to avoid paying BC tax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.