Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hydro in Vancouver, how do I know who to use.

Hydro in Vancouver, how do I know who to use.

Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:33 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hydro in Vancouver, how do I know who to use.

Yes I was, I paid for him to have a seat, surely he is safer in a uk seat than none at all!!! Made me so angry, he would have slept in his seat at least 2 hours of the flight, instead he screamed the whole way! not a great start to Canada!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:53 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PDK
@TJ Interesting to learn about your experiences. Let us know how you succeed. We're heading to Maple Ridge mid Feb '12.
Another Manc....i'm from hyde originally. Live in South Surrey/white rock....welcome to BNE.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 6:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
weird! but then im getting used to that.

fortis ask for th address, which is fine, but they then need a town its near - problem is none of them are anywhere near! im in maple ridge vancouver. but cant find anything ive even heard of, no mission, no surrey, no abbotsford, pitt meadows... i have googled some of those towns and they are millions of miles away so im not sure they service my area, ill ask the realtor who the owner uses and take it froere.

got bc hydro set up, they may want a deposit of $423! thats nice, i want to be a size 12,... but that aint gonna happen either lol. ahh being new is fun. but its worth the lumps.
As Aviator says Maple Ridge is a city (such that it is) in its own right. It's where I live.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:19 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was, I paid for him to have a seat, surely he is safer in a uk seat than none at all!!! Made me so angry, he would have slept in his seat at least 2 hours of the flight, instead he screamed the whole way! not a great start to Canada!
Could he not use the air plane seat after takeoff? I didn't hear him but then I was up front
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 3:40 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and tv
Pop to BestBuy in Coquitlam. They have/had some good deals

I'm out in the sticks (maple ridge, middle of nowhere!) need broadband or I'll go insane!
First i'd like to commiserate you on your choice

Broadband we go with Shaw mainly because there are no contracts and we're happy with everything.

Whereabouts in the Ridge are you?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 6:26 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Could he not use the air plane seat after takeoff? I didn't hear him but then I was up front
If the pax paid for a seat, that's what you get, a seat as fixed in aircraft configuration. Infants travel on parents lap. Any equipment not certified for the aircraft and in the country of registration cannot be used. This would be a Transport Canada regulation and an insurance liability issue. It is amazing how many people want take responsibility for injury using non standard equipment, that is until something happens, then it all changes and it is often someone else's fault.

The guy who went out of bounds skiing, they got lost, his wife dies and it was Search and Rescue's fault for not operating correctly. The SAR group (volunteers) even shut down for a while until this was sorted.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:34 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
If the pax paid for a seat, that's what you get, a seat as fixed in aircraft configuration. Infants travel on parents lap. Any equipment not certified for the aircraft and in the country of registration cannot be used. This would be a Transport Canada regulation and an insurance liability issue. It is amazing how many people want take responsibility for injury using non standard equipment, that is until something happens, then it all changes and it is often someone else's fault.

The guy who went out of bounds skiing, they got lost, his wife dies and it was Search and Rescue's fault for not operating correctly. The SAR group (volunteers) even shut down for a while until this was sorted.
Oh I get the seat bit - but I dont see why, after take off, the babe couldnt sit in the plane seat she had paid for, for some of the flight? it seems he sat on mum ? I would have plonked em off me as soon as the seat belt light s were off = but then I aint v maternal
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I get the seat bit - but I dont see why, after take off, the babe couldnt sit in the plane seat she had paid for, for some of the flight? it seems he sat on mum ? I would have plonked em off me as soon as the seat belt light s were off = but then I aint v maternal
Depends what they paid for and what the ticket says. If they bought a 'seat' ticket there would be a seat assignment at check in. Don't know who they flew with, but as with anything you get what you pay, charters often don't have the convenience and service of the scheduled carriers.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:08 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, don't pay the deposit, you need to go buy a genset Deposits are required because of people defaulting, all new customers have to pay it now.
Yep, as Aviator says, if you have not had an account with them before, they will ask for a deposit which is calculated I believe on the bills for the property in previous months and may also be based on the history of payment default at the address (which might have been why our deposit was so high - some right types lived here in the past!).

It is fine, though.
Think of it as saving for a rainy day, as it comes back with interest eventually.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:00 am
half a century

Depends what they paid for and what the ticket says. If they bought a 'seat' ticket there would be a seat assignment at check in. Don't know who they flew with, but as with anything you get what you pay, charters often don't have the convenience and service of the scheduled carriers.

It was transat _ I was on the flight_ she had a seat next to her for the bubba x
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:45 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

It was transat...
Surely that's child abuse
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:49 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by el_richo
Surely that's child abuse
I don't care , wasn't my kid