Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How to get arranged employment

How to get arranged employment

Old May 25th 2012, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road
Default How to get arranged employment

Hi,everyone,i am just wondering,how can i get an arranged employment ?to apply for my TWP.would i apply directly to jobs as i am a research scientist or would i be better off going through agents.

Please if you ve obtained LMO,please kindly help with these.Thank you
Old May 25th 2012, 1:43 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get arranged employment

Originally Posted by fols
Hi,everyone,i am just wondering,how can i get an arranged employment ?to apply for my TWP.would i apply directly to jobs as i am a research scientist or would i be better off going through agents.

Please if you ve obtained LMO,please kindly help with these.Thank you
As a research scientist you can forget agents entirely.

What is your field and what are your qualifications?
Old May 25th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As a research scientist you can forget agents entirely.

What is your field and what are your qualifications?
i am in biologist 2121 NOC which is presently on the 28 NOC professions.with bsc in Microbiology and Msc in Biotechnology.

Thanks for yr response
Old May 25th 2012, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i am in biologist 2121 NOC which is presently on the 28 NOC professions.with bsc in Microbiology and Msc in Biotechnology.

Thanks for yr response
So are you trying to get a job offer for a Temporary Work Permit, or are you going to apply for PR as a Skilled Worker (which you don't need a job offer for, assuming that 2121 stays on the list of eligible occupations when it changes in July of course)?

I presume you've read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki, but if not, that is essential reading.

Good luck.
Old May 25th 2012, 12:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There is an advance notice of a potential job in the jobs section you might be interested in: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758728

Old May 25th 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah,i think we are better off looking for a company that will get LMO or AEO for us as we do not have 20k saved up for a family of 4 at the moment,we ve just recently paid off our debts,student loans,so all our savings went into that.Since application by AEO takes a bit of processing,then we would have saved enough before then.
Old May 25th 2012, 3:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah,i think we are better off looking for a company that will get LMO or AEO for us as we do not have 20k saved up for a family of 4 at the moment,we ve just recently paid off our debts,student loans,so all our savings went into that.Since application by AEO takes a bit of processing,then we would have saved enough before then.
I have no idea how in demand your skills/experience will be, but finding a company prepared to wait 18 months or so for you to get the AEO and PR and to be able to start work could be tricky. A LMO may be more realistic though.

Worth noting that the proof of funds amount is considered by most to be on the low side for what you'd need to get set up in Canada, and doesn't include your move costs which for a family of four are likely to be at least £15k. This recent thread may be useful reading - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735341

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 25th 2012 at 3:29 pm.
Old May 25th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I have no idea how in demand your skills/experience will be, but finding a company prepared to wait 18 months or so for you to get the AEO and PR and to be able to start work could be tricky. A LMO may be more realistic though.

Worth noting that the proof of funds amount is considered by most to be on the low side for what you'd need to get set up in Canada, and doesn't include your move costs which for a family of four are likely to be at least £15k. This recent thread may be useful reading - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735341

Good luck.
We will likely consider LMO then or the FSW1,if we can access our 20,654CAD before july 1st(from assests).Thank you for yr time
Old May 25th 2012, 5:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for yr response
Assuming you don't have decades of industrial research since your MSc., have you considered grad school to upgrade to a PhD in Canada? You wouldn't be rich while studying but my grad students (chemistry) survive OK on their stipends.

You'd find it much easier to find a job here after a PhD.