Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Viewing No 5

House Viewing No 5

Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:22 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Re: House Viewing No 5

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
So why the statement at the begining of the thread,

Don't get me wrong we won't be selling ours for less than we have already agreed we can afford ? would rather rent it out, i just wondered why you said you would beg them ?
Hi Coffeepot

Maybe a stupid statement on my behalf but I meant beg to sell not to giveaway.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Coffeepot

Maybe a stupid statement on my behalf but I meant beg to sell not to giveaway.

I just thought you were booked to go that was all but reading the other posts i see you are not going yet,

Hope you get a good price for yours and wish you luck with the move when you do go, its a very hard time for all of us trying to sell ( ours isn't on the market yet ) but will be very soon,

we will go as soon as we have sold our house, but as i said before we can all only afford to go so low and its not being greedy.

Keep us informed with how it goes won't you, be interesting to see if the viewer does come back, fingers crossed things work out ok
Old Jul 20th 2008, 12:15 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with a lot of the various comments made on here.

As we are trying to sell, I accept that we have to be realistic and the reality is, is that the house is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

At the same time though we do have a figure in our mind as to the bottom line we can accept in the current climate and if we don't reach this we will hang on the house for now and review in a yr/2/3, as long as we can rent it out and the rent covers the mortgage then that's fine for the short term.

We have been on market about 9 weeks had 3 viewings, one yesterday got cancelled, but hopefully she will be re booking soon. This last one is an investor so would be good buyer for us but know if she is interested she is going to take a hard line with any offer like all other buyers out there at the mo.

We are under cutting all other similar properties in our area by £10,000 and are getting some viewings and the odd house is selling in the village so for the moment we are waiting and seeing.

Agree with some other comments though that some members have timescales that they are trying to meet and his adds another dimension to the situation.

Good luck everyone and to the OP hope she comes back tomorrow
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minimeeze
We are priced about £5-10K LESS than houses similar to ours and we are in a nicer area. They just don't seem to be selling here!
With a single viewing in a month, this may simply mean your house is less uncompetitively priced than the others. Very tough to sell a house if you're not getting foot traffic to view it.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
You have to be careful though as there's nothing like the initial flurry when a house goes on the market, you can only do that once. You might get yourself a reputation in your EA's office and with customers as "the guy who doesn't really want to sell" or "the house that's been up for <x> months" which could be off-putting and prevent viewers or more offers coming your way. But you said upthread you were a surveyor though so I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that
Plus you're at significant risk at the moment of "chasing the market down", imo. In other words, you start making reductions after a while, but in reality all the reductions are doing is keeping pace with declines in the overall market, making your house no more competitively priced than when you first put it up for sale. Can't say I envy anyone trying to sell in this market, particularly given England's haphazard system of buying/selling property.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams

they too gave us a offer of 15k below the asking price, so they can **** off, we said we would think about it and let them know monday, but we just said that to keep them thinking all week end ha ha
I can't believe you actually found someone willing to buy in this market. Like gold dust. Telling them to bugger off seems rather reckless, but it's a question of percentages, equity, overall house value, etc. I had to reduce significantly more than the amount you are talking about to sell my house, and I still made a good profit.